AVIC411.com

90bt Install - Any Suggestions

Im getting a 90bt installed in my vehicle in the next few days....and was just looking for a few suggestions on how to maximize the functionality of the unit.

1. Where is the best place to install the bluetooth mic? Steering column , A post, above the rear view mirror? Bluetooth call quality is extremely important to me

2. Iphone and Ipod. I will be using and Ipod classic to hold my music collection and my iphone as my telephone. Ive read multiple threads on getting contacts to transfer over to the F-series and when the calls are received, only the # shows up, not the contacts name. Im just looking for the easiest way to get the numbers to transfer over with the contacts name. Anyone who has an iphone and has done this......any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone with luck on voice dialing contacts from the iphone?

Any other suggestions to get this unit up and running smoothly with the least amount of headache possible would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time/suggestions!!!

For my mic, I just installed it on top of my steering column, right at the bottom of my gauge cluster. Sits in there fine as my as cluster has a nice lip for it to hold onto. Sound quality is good, haven't had any complaints about people not hearing me. If anything, it's too loud in cases, and I have to talk quieter.

Transferring your contacts with an iPhone is cake (3g anyhow, not sure on the older Edge models). You just have to pair it to your iPhone, and then choose the address book sync button, it will do the rest. I had no issues transferring mine, and have updated it a few times since.

One note about that, which may be an iPhone setting I can't figure out, I do not like how it is sorting my contacts. For example, when I do a voice dial, instead of saying "Call John Smith mobile" I have to say "Call Smith John mobile". It has the last name first, and as a result, I have to speak it that way (quite frustrating). I have changed it in my iPhone to be the opposite, with first name first, but even after a fresh sync, it still is backwards on the F90.

If you figure that one out, let me know. ;)