AVIC411.com

AVIC-F700BT iPod ? and install ?

What I used is that apple composite cable, that includes the

USB connector with the RCA connectors for video and sound.

If you just use the cable that you use with your ipod to charge

it and connect to the PC it will not work properly.

USB connection is for controlling the Ipod, not the sound.

My setup:

Apple composite cable/USB cable

with 5th gen video

I can use voice recognition, and play videos through my 700 BT

Hope that helps

You can use pioneer's composite cable or apple's. I have a MKIV Jetta and I'm using pioneer's cable. For the moment I have the cable coming out underneath of the plastic center piece next to parking brake. My origial plan was to take the cable and pass it underneath the center console coming right up the center arm rest. That way it looks clean with no cables flying around and the ipod is "hidden"in the arm rest compartment. I'll have this done when I have some extra time. I'll be posting my install by the end of this or next week, It would be nice to see other VW MKIV F-Series installs too. Feel free to ask any other questions about my install.

• 1 month later...

I used search and it actually worked! I will be getting my 700 this coming Thursday and I would like to have everything I need to install it in my 2000 Jetta.

What do I need to get besides what comes with the 700, a wiring harness, and antenna adapter?

I see a trim ring in your picture. Does that come with the 700 or did you have to buy that seperate? Also, did you have to buy anything to secure it into the dash?

Thanks in advance.