AVIC411.com

Settings grayed out

I have an F90 (bypassed) and have developed a problem. Under the settings tab, my "Navi Settings" and "System Settings" options are grayed out. I also can not access my phone settings options. This started the last couple of days. The bypass worked fine before.

I just spent the last two hours checking and re-checking the connections (especially the ground wires and the yel/blk and lt green wires) and all looks OK. I even moved the yel/blk wire back to its original position with no change.

Any help??

Recheck your parking break cable.

I had a F900BT installed today and had exactly the same fault. No access to "System settings", "Phone settings" or "Navi settings".

I asked the installer if he had connected the parking break wire. He hadn't.

Told him to ground the wire and then everything worked.

My guess is that when you initially relocated the yellow/black wire it wasn't seated in the harness fully and eventually lost contact and the bypass stopped working. Which would explain why moving that wire back to it's original location did nothing.

You can do one of two things.

1 - Move that yellow/black wire back to the proper bypass position and make sure it is seated in the wiring harness properly

2 - Do the software bypass instead, which does not require relocation of that yellow/black wire. Here's the topic about that: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17715