AVIC411.com

Talked me out of unit???

$54 for the Garmin or the Pioneer updates? Map updates for my portable Garmin are far more than $54!.

they are actually 69.99 but ive seen them on Amazon for around 54 dollars

forget their review, from my experience with my d3, the map database the POI were very inaccurate every time it would tell me that it was on the left but it was actually on the right. and the routing was just plain silly i just had to get rid of that unit.

Thank you for the responses. Based on the specs, I really want to buy this unit. I think its good advice to wait until the next firmware release to make a decision.

I think I will also check out the Kenwood a little closer.

I strongly believe that NavTeq maps are better than TeleAtlas. I'm pretty close to GIS technology and think NavTeq has the better product right now.

I will be going to TeleAtlas HQ in a couple of weeks. I'll see their pitch on why they are a contender.

Jack

No they don't. They have 4 channels. You can use the two fronts and use the rears for the sub. But you can't have front, rear, and a sub.

Read page 6:

http://inform3.kenwoodusa.com/manuals%5 ... nstall.pdf

You have to go to the DNX7120 to get the six channel.

you can use the audio/visual for the rear and the rear preout/ subwoofer preout for the subs. mine was hooked up like that form the start but i took all of that stuff out