AVIC411.com

AVIC F-series: adaptive boot?

I spoke to the guy who installs units at my dealer. I mentioned how the long boot time was a drag. He says one of the first installs he did of the unit was for his boss. And that the boot time on that unit has been reduced during the time his boss has had it in his car.

What he says is that the unit learns about your settings and how you start using it everytime you turn the key. And he says it adapts. This again leads to it booting more quickly.

Having only had my unit for a couple of weeks and only having used it sporadically (yes it's in the "family car" my wife drives to work every day) I really haven't had a chance to notice. Is he blowing smoke up my *** or is he on the level?

Has anyone else experience reduction in boot time that can be linked to the length of time they have had the unit? (and not played around with it in WinCE mode so much that the thing has been reset so often that it would knock out this kind of functionality)