AVIC411.com

How do I burn ID3 Tags to be read by the Z1?

How do I burn ID3 tags so that the Z1 would read it as I inserts CD's to be uploaded?

I am currently using iTunes to burn my CD's. Would Nero take care of this issue automatically? Or do I need some sort of attachment?

Would the Z1 read DVD music (CD Qualtiy) as well... so I dont have to burn thousands to CD's....
  • 2 weeks later...
I was suprised to find out that burning some MP3's off of my computer with Sonic RecordNow DX put the tags up there for me. I can workaround the sloppy CDDB database problem by burning my CD's to a new CD and updating the disc titles on my computer before burning them. When I put it in my Z1, it comes up with the song titles and records them to the Z1, and since it is basically a disc to disc burn, the audio quality is the same as it would have been had I put the original into the Z1 to burn, only I get the titles too.
I tried it using Nero lastnight as well, and it worked easier and better quality. I put in the CD I wanted to copy (In this case, Barenaked Ladies Are Me wich was just released about a week ago), Nero recognizes the CD and asks me where to get the titlles from, either off the CD itself, or download them from the internet. If you download them, you do not need to create a database for Nero to store the disc info in, as it is already stored on the internet. Just select the .cda files off the existing CD and put them itno the new CD to be burned (it will show the song names now instead of Track01.cda, etc. It will say Adrift.cda) After you press Next, you must manually type in the Album name and Artist. The next step burns the CD, with the titles on it. Put it in your Avic and it will read/save all the info onto the hard drive.

I was worried about the CDDB database not being updated frequently enough, or even incomplete (I tried to put in a Blues Traveler CD, pretty old one the title excapes me now and it was not recognized) I could type all the titles in manually, but I don't like it having to be in all caps, plus it is a bit tedious to put it in for every song on an album. Plus, if the CDDB updates that do come out also have other neat things on them (such as a disable for the lockout bypass) I don't want to loose the DucatiBoy flasher capabilites just to have song titles.
I have no problem burnng album name, artist or track number but I can't get it to record the genre for the radio. The only way it will list genre is if it's in the database. If not it lists everything under "other".

It's sooooo stupid that you can't update the whole album from other to hip-hop/rap you have to do it song by song........... which is soooooooooooooooooooooooo slow!
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="A1cntrler"]I tried it using Nero lastnight as well, and it worked easier and better quality. I put in the CD I wanted to copy (In this case, Barenaked Ladies Are Me wich was just released about a week ago), Nero recognizes the CD and asks me where to get the titlles from, either off the CD itself, or download them from the internet. If you download them, you do not need to create a database for Nero to store the disc info in, as it is already stored on the internet. Just select the .cda files off the existing CD and put them itno the new CD to be burned (it will show the song names now instead of Track01.cda, etc. It will say Adrift.cda) After you press Next, you must manually type in the Album name and Artist. The next step burns the CD, with the titles on it. Put it in your Avic and it will read/save all the info onto the hard drive.

[/quote]

When you're doing this, are you selecting the CD-Copy mode or just a regular Audio-CD mode? I have no problems so far putting in the artist name and the track title name to have them show up on the Z1, but I can't figure out how to put the album name on there. When I search by album, there will be a blank button, but I'll know which album it's SUPPOSED to be because they're in order of when they were put onto the hard drive. How can I pull a database off of the internet to get it put in the CD-Text? I'm trying to put the tag info for the new Roots album (Game Theory), by the way. When I put it in the drive, Nero doesn't prompt anything saying that it recognizes the disc or anything like that (but I don't even think it's checking).

Oh, and other times when I'm burning an album that I know isn't on any database because the album isn't out in stores yet, I can put the track titles, artist names AND album names on just fine. I'm doing everything exactly the same too (editing the CD-text under File--->Compilation Properties for Artist and Album, and then individually each track for songs).
Nevermind, I figured it out. I just downloaded the newest version of the Roxio program to burn music CDs and it lets me edit all of the tags (track, artist, album, genre, etc). In fact, it just grabs the data from the mp3 ID3 tags, and since I'm anal about my ID3 tags on my ipod anyways, all I gotta do is drag, drop and burn without having to fiddle with too much editing.
  • 3 months later...
[quote name="Questhate"]Nevermind, I figured it out. I just downloaded the newest version of the Roxio program to burn music CDs and it lets me edit all of the tags (track, artist, album, genre, etc). In fact, it just grabs the data from the mp3 ID3 tags, and since I'm anal about my ID3 tags on my ipod anyways, all I gotta do is drag, drop and burn without having to fiddle with too much editing.[/quote]

Does the roxio software burn the Mpeg 4 files from iTunes? Or do you have to convert them first? Having trouble burning my itunes library to cd and having the Z1 recognize them.
  • 1 month later...