AVIC411.com

Best of XM/Sirius Here......What To Do?

I've been a Sirius subscriber for about 3 years now. NFL and Howard and pretty much all I listen to. I was hopeful that when they merged, I'd also get MLB. The Best of Packages have just launched.

XM gets from Sirius: Howard 100, Howard 101, Martha Stewart Living Radio, SIRIUS NFL Radio *, SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, Playboy Radio

While Sirius gets from XM: NBA *, NHL Home Ice *, Oprah & Friends, The Virus, Public Radio with Bob Edwards, College Sports *, PGA Tour

Now from where I sit, Sirius got the short end of this deal with baseball, XM's biggest exclusive, not coming across.

So my solution would seem to be to drop Sirius, sign of for XM and then add best of Sirius and all my bases (and every sport under the sun) are now covered.

So my forum appropriate question is this. Do when know if the D-3 compatible XM units will work with the Best of programming options? If so what unit should I get (I'd also like to take advantage of the traffic feature) and what differences, if any, can I expect (i.e. more lines of text? more consistent signal? etc.)

Thanks

I've had the D3 with the standard Pioneer XM unit (NOT w/Traffic) for about 2 years now and I just got "Best of Sirius" package and it works great. Now I can listen to Howard Stern when Opie and Anthony are in a rut. There are no logos for the 5 or so Sirius stations but they work just like they were in the standard XM lineup.

I'm a lifetime subscriber to Sirius I hope that they'll cut me a deal on the XM package.

I got a new receiver because I am going to be in an area that they offer traffic and I was pleased to hear that Sirius is hosing people that have the lifetime subscription because you can no longer transfer between receivers. So best of luck with a deal on getting the XM package. Seeing as you lost a huge bargaining chip saying that you were going to switch to XM