AVIC411.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I changed the XM tumer box to a brand new one. When this brand new, never before use unit was being activated, it took more than 30 minutes of time to complete, at which time, everything was working perfectly.

So, it was obvious that the problem was the XM Tumer box.

I then proceeded to drive to my next destination of the day, about 30 minutes drivetime. MY appointment was about 45 minutes max.

When I started the vehicle, back to the original problem again. So, it's NOT the tuner, its not resetting the tuner , nor resetting the head unit either becuase I did all of the above multiple times.

The only reason I purchased this system for the the traffic feature. If all I was going to get was audio, my old system + 50 tuner box would have done the job just fine.

Has anyone else with this problem been able to fix this problem yet?

I can't see it being anything at this point except the hardware and specifically the head unit, which has all sorts of other problems from day one that I could live with , but not this.

Has anyone fixed their problems and if so how?

Thanks
I have actually been able to get mine working again. I'm not exactly sure what solved it, but two things took place at the same time so either one could have been the fix. First I upgraded to the latest software version (CNDV-60MP) and at the same time I managed to get to the highest level of tech support at XM and they said they will look at all possibilties on their end. But in the end, it did start working about a half hour after I used the new disc.
  • 2 weeks later...
Finally, after months and months and months of time, I got the 1.2 D-1 disc and it seems to have corrected the traffic problem. If you are using a 1.0 disc you need to update to the 1.2, which is free for registered owners of D-1.

There are still many other concerns with the D-1 unit and the 1.2 update is still very old and has other problems, but to fix the traffic data issue, you first must have at least the 1.2 disc to begin with.

This would also explain (possibly) why the 60MP Upgrade disc worked as well, as one would assume the software would be compliant with the XM data signal on newer generations of software too.

So, to summarize, 1.0 discs most likely the main problem.

Hope this helps.
Local399, yout havent given us very much details at all. I am assuming you are a union man, so I will be easy on you :)
There is no update disc out for the Z1 (yet). What is not working? Navigation? Video Playback? Satellite Radio? NavTraffic (if you have the right tuner installed)?

Keep in mind that you will not have full access to video playback and some GPS functions without the unit being "bypassed".

Again, I am not too sure where you are at this point, so before explaining any more, I will wait for your reply to see what problems you are having.

Take care
Ant
Proud member of NALC Branch 6000
"Milking the government's pockets whenever we can".
So sorry...I am in Los Angeles. I have Nav Traffic installed and up. It is not working. I will call XM today to confirm that it is truly "up and running".

Is there some kind of "fix" for this if it is up and working? All of the buttons that deal with Nav Traffic are shaded gray.

Hope this gives you enough information.

Thanks,

Steve ( a member of Teamster union Local399 for 26 years).
Do you know where they installed the XM tuner box in your vehicle? I would double check to make sure that the IP-Bus cable and the IP-Data cable are installed into the right ports on the tuner. (Make sure they DID install the IP-Data cable! Without it, you will not get NavTraffic data!)
Oh, one thing...It keeps saying that it is "updating"..Says so on the screen itself in the "map" mode and also under XM information.

Does this mean anything?

XM Radio works just fine.

I do know where they installed it in my car....But, it is way beyond my scope to take apart the dash and glove box to look for this cable. Its a VW Touareg and its a bit too sophisticated for my skills as a car installer.

Thanks,

Steve

PS: Does "pinging" through the XM site help at all?
  • 1 month later...
I hate it when people have a problem then don't let everyone who may read about it later on if it ever got fixed or not. Soooo, to be fair, here's the situation regarding the LA Nav Traffic outage.

The ver 1.2 disc that should have been sent by Pioneer months and months previous was the source of the problem the entire time. XM changed their signal and the 1.0 disc was outdated to use Nav Traffic.

So, the Nav Traffic is 'On' again, and we are now back to useless outdated information that has no time stamps and hardely ever is accurate in any way shape or form.

If you are in the So Cal area, you can use your mobile phone wap browser and get every single road sensor for every single freeway in real time (under 1 minute delay), including individual speed for main lanes and the carpool lanes too. In addition, the free mobile phone verson actually gives time stamps and gives way more details when describing accidents, such as 'Accident @ 1:35PM, Ambulance Responding". The so called wonderful NavTraffic MAY say 'Accident' duration for next 15 minutes, but without saying the original time, that's useless information.

On the whole, its a waste of money, but it looks cool, so if you have the coins, and due to the occasional usefulness of XM , I keep it active, even though Sirius is way more useful to me.

For example, they (XM) lies so hard core about their services, and brag about Pac 10 sports ... 'Get every Pac 10 Game', except, today is one of the biggest most important Pac10 games of the entire year UCLA v USC and guess what, its NOT on XM, but IS on Sirius.

No wonder XM has offices in DC near K street. They choose to spend their coins to whomever keeps them from going to prision for such incredible fraud in their advertising. I also like the XM Online service that says, listen to all the sports, and news ,,, etc ,e tc , of which none of that exists except some talk shows, but NO sports at all online as its illegal to do so.

And, as for all you folks you claim to like to look at logos , how come about 1/2 the logos on the XM receiver dont' get updated either? So what's the point of the logos if they don't work?

Opps, I went off topic LOL ...

I just wanted to let everyone who was reading this post to know the nav traffic works if you have the 1.2 disc and or newer.