AVIC411.com

iPhone 3G & F90BT - Voice Dialing

So I had my F90BT installed today and am getting the hang of it and don't see it as being as bad as some people make it out to be; however I do have a few issues. Can someone please shed some light and let me know if it is just me or a problem in general?

-iPod is either not connecting or is locking up when the car is turned off and then back on.

-VR works GREAT for the iPod, BUT even though it imported my contacts flawlessly it will not dial by name (and I have tried a LOT of different contacts) but it will dial if I speak the number. Pioneer rep said it is the iPhone 3G but I swear I have seen people on here saying they have it working fine.

Help? Please.

i have an iphone, the original....not the 3g and voice dialing works fine. Make sure you say the name exactly how it is displayed in your contacts list....which is probably backwards. Seems like everyone with iphones is having their contacts listed, Last name...then first name. And there is no fix for this that im aware of right now. So........to call "John Smith" you are probably going to have to say "Call Smith John Mobile." let me know if that works.

Hey there... I tried that and unfortunately a no go. I also went in to the phone settings on the F90, deleted the phone pairing, and then deleted it on the 3G. I changed the contacts settings on the 3G to switch the name order and then retransferred the phone book so that it showed up the way I wanted to speak it and still no luck. I dunno... ? :cry:

I'm still having issues with voice dialing with my iphone 3g despite changing all my contacts from (xxx) xxx-xxxx to xxxxxxxxx. I used the program from This Link to change all the numbers formats but didn't have any luck with the voice dialing still.

The only thing I haven't tried is changing the dwType number. The values are all integers from 1-3, I'm assuming for home, work, and cell. Did you change these values at all? Is there anything I may have missed?