AVIC411.com

East Coast Disc FTP Information Contained in this post.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently burning the dvd, can't wait to try it! :)

Just tested it, works like a charm!!!!

But what a rip off! Maps are dated 05/2008!!!!! It's already 5 month old!!!

Incredible!

Why is'nt there an option to download new maps when we want to, just like other gps!

It would be nice if the Map Company included future roads ... There is a road in my town they have been working on for about a year ... it opened up about 1 month ago to traffic. Sure enough it's not on the new disk. It just has me driving through green ....

extracted file w/ winrar...burned @ slowest speed (3324 kb/s) w/ magic iso (checked finalize cd) onto verbatim dvd+r dl 8x dvd's....inserted into d2 and says please insert appropriate disc....trying now w/o checking "finalize cd".....i'm trying to burn w/ an aopen duw1608 drive that has latest duw1616 firmware loaded on to it...has anyone gotten this to work w/ a d2 or burnt this with an aopen drive??

extracted file w/ winrar...burned @ slowest speed (3324 kb/s) w/ magic iso (checked finalize cd) onto verbatim dvd+r dl 8x dvd's....inserted into d2 and says please insert appropriate disc....trying now w/o checking "finalize cd".....i'm trying to burn w/ an aopen duw1608 drive that has latest duw1616 firmware loaded on to it...has anyone gotten this to work w/ a d2 or burnt this with an aopen drive??

I did the same thing and would like to know the answer to this question.

Mine was on an N1. I finalized the DVD and it said "Please Insert App. Disk".

raiden what dvd media did u use and what changes if any did u see on the dvd 08 update, break it down please :lol:

cause if u got it to work then i`m gettin my info from u

I downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it with winrar (I tried with the zip utility in windows but I had errors) then burned with ImgBurn at 2.4x on a Memorex DVD+R DL Disk.

During the past year, I have submitted some changes to teleatlas about a few roads in my area (local road that was not existant and they also built a single lane highway) So far, all the changes I have submitted has been fixed. I have not checked everything but i'm pretty happy with the new version.

Note that this is an map update. I went a little bit through the menu and nothing firmware seems to have changed. only the maps.

Good luck!

1)Download an iso software. I used magic iso. After downloading the 3 gig east file. I unzipped it with winrar and it unzipped into an 8 gig iso. file.

I tried to use nero to burn the .iso but it said it was an unusable disc.

2) downloaded Alcohol 120 (trial).

3) went into Alcohol 120, click on view, recording options and checked option for booking DVD+R(RW) media as DVD-ROM.

4)Click on the image burning wizard and open the .iso file that was unzipped. The one that is nearly 8 gigs.

5) Burned image to DVD+R Dual Layer DVD using Alcohol 120 at the lowest speed possible. (3x)

6) Inserted DVD into my AVIC-D2

Worked Great!

I must be doing something wrong.....I burned it again with Alcohol 120% and it still gives me the "Please Insert Appropriate Disk" error.

Has anyone had success burning the West disk and having it update the N1?

I'm using a Verbatum DL+R medium. I've tried it on slow speeds and fast speeds. This is getting to be a waste of disks.