AVIC411.com

Theme's by marmski

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, i can't wait until kdoll's iphone theme is available for download, it looks great. One question I have, is the text under the buttons part of the image or just text? I have the font that Audi uses for everything in the interior and would love to change the text in the interface to match.

• 2 weeks later...

Any help is appreciated.

I have made a theme for my AVIC-F700-BT. I followed all the instructions I found here on the website and for some reason, when I load it into the system (my system came with the Firmware 2.0 installed) I get nothing but thick lines going through the screens and the navi disclaimer overlapping all the screens. Thinking I may have my mods incorrect, I tried it with one on this page - same thing.

So here are the steps I followed - maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong:

1 - downloaded a theme from this thread

2 - Using 7-Zip decompressed/extracted to pc

3 - Normally my mod changes would be saved to the file at this point but for this problem I left it as is)

3 - Recompressed with 7-ZIP using the extension ".7z"

4 - Right clicked on the file and renamed the file to image.res

5 - Copied the new image.res file to my SD card with the testmode and MiTACAP files

6 - Inserted SD card into system, turned on car and entered testmode

7 - Under MyFlashDisk\APL renamed the Image.Res file to Image.Res-bak

8 - Backed out to main menu and went into storage card

8 - Under Storage card highlighted "Image.res" and then from top menu selected "edit" then "copy"

8 - Went to location on unit where the original image.res file is located "MyFlashDisk\APL"

9 - Selected from Top menu "edit" then "paste"

10 - When copy is complete - "X" out of all windows until at main screen (which looks like a pc desktop)

12 - Shut off car, removed SD card

13 - Turned on car to re-boot the system with the new file

Do I need to do something with the data.zip file too?

I think if someone can find out what I am doing wrong here, I can get a mod here from this thread to work then I can figure out why my mod will not work (or maybe it will).

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Having made a couple for mine, i thought i would start to share them and perhaps take some requests.

First up, a Windows Vista Style Theme

PS: Feedback is very welcome. :D

Nice but why in the screenshots in the middle of the bar on the bottom is a green rectangle with what looks like a keyboard in white in it? Is that just the screenshot app or will the theme include that on my device and if so, what is it for?

• 1 month later...
Having made a couple for mine, i thought i would start to share them and perhaps take some requests.

First up, a Windows Vista Style Theme

PS: Feedback is very welcome. :D

Nice but why in the screenshots in the middle of the bar on the bottom is a green rectangle with what looks like a keyboard in white in it? Is that just the screenshot app or will the theme include that on my device and if so, what is it for?

That little green rectangle with the keyboard is on there because he took a screenshot of the menu while running the software on an emulator that is for windows mobile 6.1. And if you've ever used 6.1, or WM in general, there is always that little keyboard icon on the bottom. However, its only on there because of the emulator, won't be there once on the unit.

• 4 months later...