AVIC411.com

Sound Issues with IPOD - F700BT

Has anyone else had any issues when the Ipod is playing music it appears most of the sound is coming out of the passenger side speakers?

When I use the radio or CD the sound is in normal stereo? The Ipod sound issue isnt always present though...

I dont have a fancy sound system or anything. Just 4 pioneer Pioneer TS-A1672R wired direct to F700

Im using an older Ipod Nano 4GB.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi,

I also have *exactly* the same problem.

I found out that by just disconnecting and reconnecting the USB connector of the ipod Pioneer cable the sounds come back from both speakers.

This is systematic and therefore I do not think is a cable issue but more of a software problem. Sometimes it happens when I start the car, some other times when I'm driving. When Ipod sound is coming only from the passenger side speakers, if you switch to radio the sound comes from both speakers. If you switch back to Ipod the sounds is still from the passenger side. Weird.

-S

• 2 weeks later...

Equipment:

iPod Video 30GB 5.5G

Pioneer F900BT

Pioneer iPod Cable

Problems:

Low sound from driver side. Accompanied by reduced bass from the subwoofer.

Occasional iPod communication errors with please reconnect message.

Fixes:

Unplug and pray. Repeat as neccessary.

My factory headunit from Pioneer/Scion never did any of these things so I don't think its my iPod.

Watching for for additional fixes.