AVIC411.com

Pioneer Avic Z3

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I wanted to ask a question to the resident experts. I am about to purchase the AVIC Z3. I actually had it narrowed down to that or the JVC KW NX7000. Anyhow, Just a quick question, does the Pioneer show you the points of interest icons like the JVC unit does. i.e the Mcdonalds Arches or the Shell gas station sign. I attached a link that has a picture of what I am talking about. The picture is at the bottom of the page. Well thanks in advance!

http://www.gpsnavreviews.com/search?q=JVC+KW-NX7000+

here you go... i guess i was kinda bored... and this is my least favorite view on the z3.... there's a much cooler 3d view but i wasnt about to drive to a mcdonalds for you.

if you really wanted to, you could even take a picture of your favorite burger at mcdonalds, and then save your favorite mickeydeeze location to your address book and assign the picture you took to that location... then whenever your within approx 1/4 mile of that mcdonalds up pops your picture

post-22603-12872755741217_thumb.jpg

here you go... i guess i was kinda bored... and this is my least favorite view on the z3.... there's a much cooler 3d view but i wasnt about to drive to a mcdonalds for you.

if you really wanted to, you could even take a picture of your favorite burger at mcdonalds, and then save your favorite mickeydeeze location to your address book and assign the picture you took to that location... then whenever your within approx 1/4 mile of that mcdonalds up pops your picture

Thanks Defjux! Allthough I dont like Mcdonalds that much, it was just a prominent example from the other picture. lol Thank you for taking the time to do that though.

What are you installing it in? I installed mine, and it slid right in to a CX-7.

I found this 12x12x3/16 Black ABS at the local electronics store (not RS) that came in very handy. I was able to cut it with a router and shape it with a rasp.

remember to get the wiring harrness adapter......

I am going to "attempt" to install it in a 2008 Nissan Titan. I ordered the wiring harness and the dash kit, allthough I dont think I need it as I have a base model Titan and like yours it should just be able to slide right in but we will see. I have never soldered anything though so I may have to practice on some spare wiring first. I dont think I will have any problems, it may just take a little while longer than a seasoned installer would take but thats okay, gotta learn sometime plus it will save about 200 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I installed it today. Looks good. The metra kit that I ordered with it didnt work out to well for me but I was able to use the equipment that was supplied with the Z3 and it worked out close to perfectly. I do have a slight rattle though so I need to work that out. I also installed the Ipod Control Module with it as well, allthough I placed it in the glove compartment until I can find a good spot to mount it under the dash. Anyhow thanks for the advice you guys gave me before I began the installation.

Oh the install was fairly smooth considering all the components involved but if anyone plans on installing one of these, just take your time and everything will come together just right.