AVIC411.com

Clock - Jumps ahead 1 hour when crossing into Oregon

My F900 seems to think that Oregon is in a different time zone from Washington. It will jump ahead 1 hour when I am driving across the Astoria Bridge, heading to Astoria, Oregon. Then, on my way back home (Washington) it will go back 1 hour.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thanks all.

Yeah, I live in Portland, OR and when I let the GPS set the clock it sets it 1 hour ahead. Taking it back to self-set on the time zone and choosing PDT puts it back to the right time. No idea why, maybe it thinks I'm in AZ where they don't do DST. :)

EDIT: Turns out the GPS is placing me in Mountain Standard Time (Boise is auto selected!). The GPS/Time menu indicates I've got excellent signal to multiple satellites, so WTF? I'll have to check my Garmin later to see which time zone that one's detecting...

Google search produced this little gem (http://www.navngo.com/pages/global/eng/ ... upport_faq):

Time-Zone Error in Nav N Go iGO 8

We inform you that, in the R1 versions of Nav N Go iGO 8, the Windows time zone may be incorrectly set depending on the GPS position (for instance, Minsk is selected for Hungary). The correction is already released in R1 patch (see above).

The update now can be downloaded free of charge with the use of the Content Manager.

Also, a workaround is available on your device by editing: /Program Files/iGO8/sys.txt and adding the following lines:

[timezone]

sync_os_timezone=0

reset_os_timezone=0

Attention: The modifications will only be activated when Nav N Go iGO 8 is restarted.

The latest Nav N Go iGO 8 R1 patch (see above) provides a fix for this error.

So hopefully the next vaporware update from Pioneer will patch iGo 8 to fix it. Nav N Go didn't have a patch file posted for Pioneer anywhere I could see, it required the device be able to connect to your PC via USB...

NavNGo themselves only provide patches for standalone PDA versions of the product (and their own branded Limuzin PNA). Versions integrated into branded devices (i.e. old Mios, IPAQ 31x, Pioneer etc.) need to be updated by the manufacturer because they are custom builds...