AVIC411.com

Ipod connection to work with Apple own cable?

i am having a problem with my cable also. i have an ipod classic 160 gig, and just recently after a song plays the ipod will shut off on the avic. when i look at the ipod it doesn't say it is connected to the the pioneer anymore, it just has its regular ipod screen. now its got so bad that when i plug it in to the ipod, the pioneer screen registers for a about a second and goes right back to the regular ipod screen thus leaving me without the ipod option on the avic. i assume its the chord which is about 2 weeks old because the ipod syncs with my computer perfectly. also where the ipod icon used to be on the avic it is now a greyed usb symbol.

Yes, that Apple cable does work in the same way as the Pioneer cable. Your Pioneer cable should work as well. You may have a defective cable. What problem are you having with it?

When i plug cable to my iPod, it works if I dont push it all the way to bottom, but if I push it just so long that it locks, then connection breaks. I think this is just because of tolerances in iPod connector. I've tested Pioneer with 2 other iPods (worked fine) and my iPod with another Pioneer cable (didnt work any better). Also, I sent my iPod to warranty repair as I though that connector is faulty, but they sent me it back saying it is ok and passed all tests.

So I want to try this with Apple's own cable, if it still doesn't work, I can try to send it again to warranty repair (as it doesnt work with Apple's own accessory, they cant blame Pioneer) or sell it and buy another iPod which works with pioneer.