AVIC411.com

Sorry about just posting all over the forums, but this is my last question...and once it is solved, I will have everything hooked up, installed, and can start learning a few things and hopefully contribute to the mod scene.

But I currently do not have my Reverse Wire tapped into the the Reverse light, or anything else actually. It's just not hooked up. And I do not have a back up camera, probably won't get one for a long time. Anyway, I know the book says the Reverse Wire also helps the Nav with it's position sometimes. Seeing as a person doesn't normally drive in reverse that much [i.e., back out of drive way, parking spot, etc] how much of a difference will it make not hooking it up?

Or should I just quit being lazy and wire it up.

it probably only helps with the arrow icon on the map. If the wire is hooked up the icon probably backs up instead of turning around if your driving in reverse for a while. I didn't bother hooking mine up. If I get a camera, I'll do it then but I can't find a genuinley advantageous reason to bother in the meantime.

• 2 months later...