AVIC411.com

Unhappy Campers

I'm just wondering (and starting to doubt) whether a unit exists that doesn't have it's fair share of issues.

No kidding. The Kenwood unit looks perfect until you realize that there is no ability for it to play divx or xvid avi files and naviation with bt are about $350 extra. They have a more functional interface though and a fast start up. You have to decide for yourself, what's more important for you. I for one don't have an extra $350 laying around so my choice is clear.

i will try to post a video tomorrow and show that the ipod selection is not slow, its faster than the d3. the bluetooth box is about $114 online and lower on ebay im not sure where you are getting 350 from and the dnx5120 comes with the built in garmin nav which i paid 619.99 shipped.

im not sure where you are getting 350 from and the dnx5120 comes with the built in garmin nav which i paid 619.99 shipped.

I was getting that number from ddx512 with accessories. Using DNX5120 it's actually a more cost effective solution, but the only reputable store I was able to find dnx5120 on was Abe's of Maine for $698. The others if you check resellerratings.com are a hit or miss if you're actually going to get a retail unit, not some grey market bubble wrapped brick. The bluetooth unit is $130. Avic F700BT is $570. So $570 vs. $830, maybe not $350 but at $260 is still not a chump change.

djhuab, you are on a Pioneer forum but never really have anything but negative to say about them and you own a Kenwood. You promote the Kenwood at any given chance and take every opportunity to sway people from buying a F-Series... don't get me wrong, I think it is great that you give an honest opinion to people questioning buying a unit, but I do feel it is slightly biased considering you have such strong feelings about it. Makes me wonder if you are regretting getting rid of yours for some reason or another. I promise I am not trying to be a jerk by any means so please do not take it that way; I am simply making an observation. :?:

lol i really like my kenwood but i did have a avic d3 for about a year. the d3 work perfect for my use but the biggest was really just those nav disk. i planned on getting a 90bt after playing with the unit at shop and i will admit that the UI looks better (a more factory look) than the kenwood but honestly if pioneer could fix their problems mainly the boot time i without hesitation would have gotten it but as many others said its a great concept that was released to soon. so im kinda in the middle a "ken-o-neer" fan 8)

no not just john parker wilson, the whole team!!

and you must believe that the pac 10 or big 12 is the best conference!

No...actually my family is from Alabama. My dad and my uncle both played for the Tide...my uncle played for the Bear. But if you think Wilson can lead this team to a National Championship, then you are drinking the Kool-Aid. I can't believe this kid is from Hoover. He just doesn't get it. But that's ok...Nick will have them there soon enough. He already has the defense back to where it needs to be. We've been missing that for quite some time.

Now, if he can figure out a way to beat Auburn...

Oh yea...I wouldn't be bad mouthing the Big 12 quite yet. Pretty impressive so far. But the SEC seems to be better balanced top to bottom. You gotta love what Vandy is doing this year.

oh yeah and auburn and west virginia plays thursday. i hate auburn but that tiger defense will stop pat white.

texas is impressive i just want them to play a team with defense. MIZZOU was so damn over rated they played the boys club until they got embarrassed by texas. but if bama doesnt make it im thinking....... florida can pull it off again

I'm trying to think of who it was...maybe it was when Fox was going over the BCS poll yesterday...they figured it would be Texas and Florida in the National Championship. All I know is if USC gets in, there is something dead wrong with the world. They have played absolutely nobody and still have a loss. If Pete Carrol wants to play for a championship, he needs to start scheduling some REAL teams and not some of these patsies he's been playing.