AVIC411.com

Known Verizon Phones that work with the Avic f Series

I just upgraded with Verizon Wireless but my new phone (sch-u550)disconnects every 3 seconds with my wonderful brand new Avic f90bt. Does anyone know what phones DO work with this unit and can transfer address book entries? I'm not looking to spend $300 on a phone, I just want a decent phone with bluetooth. :evil:

wyatt

Mixed results.

My first Samsung u700 (Gleam) would reboot every few minutes. My wife also has a u700 and the same issue. I took my u700 back and got another u700 under warranty. The new one works without a hitch, including phonebook transfer.

I had to pair the new one from the unit using the a540 option. It found my phone and then I was able to push the phonebook. No issues since then.

I had similar troubles with my verizon phones. I found that my trouble was my contacts were set in categories like family, work, ect. Check your contacts to see if they are assigned a category. If they are then remove ALL of them from categories and it should work ok. For some reason the AVICs have a problem with categories

I had similar troubles with my verizon phones. I found that my trouble was my contacts were set in categories like family, work, ect. Check your contacts to see if they are assigned a category. If they are then remove ALL of them from categories and it should work ok. For some reason the AVICs have a problem with categories

Odd, mine are in catagories, and it doesn't seem to complain.

I still need to edit the contacts on the AVIC so I know which icon is which number however.

I have a Motorolla Razr2 V9M. It works fine. The only issue I have is that when I transfer my phone book the Nav unit recognizes every number as a seperate contact. For instance, I have my girlfriends home, cell, and work numbers under her name in my address book but on the Pioneer it shows her name 3 different times yet it doesnt tell me which one is work, which is cell...etc...

my sch-u740 fails miserably, it worked OK with dropped signal every once and a while before the first update. But after the first update it stopped working. When i tried to re-pair it, I could not even do that. I have completely given up on this feature and this lose of functionality makes me regret buying the entire unit, my BOSE head unit bluetooth worked PERFECTLY, this unit blows in its current state. If i had the money i would go copier-officespace-gangsta on this pos unit.

Motorola z6c here

Works well most of the time. It does tend to get a little buggy in the connection. Once in awhile the AVIC will freeze up my phone when trying to connect and the phone will have to reboot once, but the second attempt usually works flawlessly.

there was one time when the phone connected and the AVIC (for some reason) set the phone volume to max and wouldn't display the controls for the phone on the screen. made me worry about blowing speakers and had to reset the phone.

Samsung sch-u740.

Well it works, and it paired, but two very annoying issues.

1) It associated only 1 number for each contact...the Cell number (since that was first?)

2) You adjust call volume via Volume + and - buttons that appear on the touch screen. Problem is, sometimes they don't appear. When a call connects (usually incoming) and the volume controls aren't displayed sometimes the volume is deafening and there's nothing you can do about it without grabbing the phone.

So yeah, it works, but not very well. :roll: