AVIC411.com

OSX Anyone?

If you like the IPhone and think it's so awesome, you should really check out the Nokia E71, N95 8GB or the N85. Also, the Blackberry Storm will make the iphone look like the piece of junk it is once it's released.

Those phones are good phones because of the iphone, they had to be to compete. They would still be simple cell phones right now if it weren't for the iphone. And non of those phones, even the new blackberry are going to touch the iphone in sales. Apple now has the best selling phone in a little over a year up against phone companies that have been doing this for many more years, there is a reason why, because they make better products, period.

I could not have said it better myself! 8)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple does very good marketing. As a phone (let alone a smartphone) iPhone does not come anywhere near these Nokias, or any number of other phones. But it is shiny...

Rather like Razr. Sold tons of them for quite some time. Still a POS phone... :)

Apple does very good marketing. As a phone (let alone a smartphone) iPhone does not come anywhere near these Nokias, or any number of other phones. But it is shiny...

Rather like Razr. Sold tons of them for quite some time. Still a POS phone... :)

LOL Now Boris, how can you compare the iPhone to the Razr? Let's do apples to apples now... no pun intended! :D

LOL Now Boris, how can you compare the iPhone to the Razr? Let's do apples to apples now... no pun intended! :D

Why, both don't do much, are thin and shiny, and sell like hotcakes. :)

I'd have to agree to disagree... I have owned many many phones from the Razr to HTC Smartphones and I have to say I will never own anything else but an iPhone. I had the 2G and now own the 3G. It does everything I want and need it to do with few exceptions... is it missing flash, yes, is it missing video, yes but does it absolutely rock for everything I actually NEED for it to do? Yes! It's hackable, always growing with multitudes of applications, hands down the best portable media player on the market and I think it just comes down to who you are and what you like. That being said, I fully respect your opinion on it. 8)

Personally, I will not buy a phone that does not have a real keyboard...

I think its likely you will see that disappear soon though. The reason Apple and now others are going with virtual keyboards is to offer better regional compatibility. Maybe cost as well.

I think its likely you will see that disappear soon though. The reason Apple and now others are going with virtual keyboards is to offer better regional compatibility. Maybe cost as well.

That would be rather sad, but I don't really see this happening. People who actually use their phones for business (or even serious emailing) will not stand for it.

I have a strange feeling anyone who is a iphone hater either A. Never owned one or used one before, B. Is jealous or C. Can't afford one.

I have owned numerous phones over the years like most people, and the iphone is simply incredible.

You couldn't pry the iphone from my cold dead hands, and anything else i've used, pales in comparison, the ease of use, style, sexiness and usefulness of the device is second to none.

It really is just incredible, i've owned it since July and I still am getting used to how fricken awesome it is.

I paid 50 dollars a month for my other phone and I barely used it, I pay 80 a month for ths one and I use it on a daily basis for everything.

So, I will deffend the iphone to the death, anyone want to test me? haha.

So, I will deffend the iphone to the death, anyone want to test me? haha.

You can keep it :)

Now, if you try taking my SCH-i760, that could turn ugly. :lol: but then I do not consider electronic devices sexy... :shock:

I would hate to see what your girl friend looks like, that samsung is fugly. And windows mobile? I think im going to puke haha. I would have a hard time seeing beauty too if I loved a samsung phone that looks like a deformed brick.

Have you ever used a iphone? Say for longer then 5 minutes? Obviously the price tag isn't what causes you concern.

As for the touch keyboard, its much improved after getting used to it, I hear women have a hard time using it thanks to their long fingernails, your not a women are you or have long finger nails like one?

haha, that sounded harsh, no offense their buddy.

Yeah, I used iPhone. For longer than 5 minutes (although it was hard).

Samsung may not be the best looking piece of electronics out there, but it is actually functional. As in "can do anything with one hand" functional, and Windows Mobile, while not perfect, is pretty decent. Certainly more capable than castrated version of OS X on the iPhone. Did you even finally get proper multitasking for that thing?

I suppose if I wanted something that swirls the screen any time you touch it, iPhone would be an OK option. I prefer devices that do exactly what I tell them to do...

Got asked by a friend couple days ago if it is possible to sync contacts back from iPhone to Outlook. We looked everywhere in iTunes, and it looked like you can only do a full sync from PC to iPhone, or do selected contacts to Iphone, but can't sync back... Any idea if this is possible, and if it is why does it take 5 seconds to set up in ActiveSync and does not show up anywhere in iTunes?

iPhones certainly have their uses... Probably for the same people who install neon lights on their cars underbodies, or are trying to load Garmin onto F-Series because you can use a car icon instead of an arrow.

So there! :lol:

Yeah, I used iPhone. For longer than 5 minutes (although it was hard).

Samsung may not be the best looking piece of electronics out there, but it is actually functional. As in "can do anything with one hand" functional, and Windows Mobile, while not perfect, is pretty decent. Certainly more capable than castrated version of OS X on the iPhone. Did you even finally get proper multitasking for that thing?

I suppose if I wanted something that swirls the screen any time you touch it, iPhone would be an OK option. I prefer devices that do exactly what I tell them to do...

Got asked by a friend couple days ago if it is possible to sync contacts back from iPhone to Outlook. We looked everywhere in iTunes, and it looked like you can only do a full sync from PC to iPhone, or do selected contacts to Iphone, but can't sync back... Any idea if this is possible, and if it is why does it take 5 seconds to set up in ActiveSync and does not show up anywhere in iTunes?

iPhones certainly have their uses... Probably for the same people who install neon lights on their cars underbodies, or are trying to load Garmin onto F-Series because you can use a car icon instead of an arrow.

So there! :lol:

Uh, so what do you use for a music player? Or do you carry around an ipod nano as well as your brick phone?

I find it great to have a single all in one device. I can surf the net, in all its glory, check email, apps galore, and oh yeah, I can listen to my ipod.

What do you multitask on your device? I mean I don't see your point for multitasking, I can't think of one time I needed to go from one app to another, where they had to be running at the same time. But I can listen to the ipod while checking email or playing a game or using any other app.

My iphone is my fitness tracker for food and workouts, shopping list, takes written, recorded notes. has a full fledged calculator, full blown web browser, movie palyer.

The one thing i wish it did better was sync with google calenders etc. but that is remedied with the google mobile app.

I really truly just think you haven't gotten a real good taste or demo fo the iphone.

I mean I can write a fricken novel about it if you want, does it have issues that need to be worked out still? Sure it does, but you dont' see apple standing still now do you?

Get a good taste of the app store, use easy writer to write an email, I bet once you get used to it, you will join the party.

Uh, so what do you use for a music player? Or do you carry around an ipod nano as well as your brick phone?

On those rare occasions when I do, I use a little Sansa. Not to drag this thread even further into discussion why iPod is not the only music player out there, but it serves my needs, and I actually prefer it in a separate device.

I find it great to have a single all in one device. I can surf the net, in all its glory, check email, apps galore, and oh yeah, I can listen to my ipod.

I prefer devices that perform their functions well, not ones that do everything half-baked.

What do you multitask on your device? I mean I don't see your point for multitasking, I can't think of one time I needed to go from one app to another, where they had to be running at the same time. But I can listen to the ipod while checking email or playing a game or using any other app.

For example, I can run Navizon, raking in points, while talking on the phone, while playing music (well, not when talking), while running iGO, while having email pushed to me (from _any_ mail service, not the ones Apple deemed worthy), while having weather forecast updated in the background etc. etc.... And it does not take long to switch between apps either.

My iphone is my fitness tracker for food and workouts, shopping list, takes written, recorded notes. has a full fledged calculator, full blown web browser, movie palyer.

So does mine...

I mean I can write a fricken novel about it if you want, does it have issues that need to be worked out still? Sure it does, but you dont' see apple standing still now do you?

Get a good taste of the app store, use easy writer to write an email, I bet once you get used to it, you will join the party.

Microsoft does not stand still either, not do third-party developers. The thing is that everything that iPhone can do, WinMo (or Symbian for that matter) can do, too (and often could before there was an iPhone), but there are many things we can do that iPhone can't. Including typing that novel on a real keyboard.

BTW, last time I checked, every study had shown that even experienced users type slower on iPhone keyboard that inexperienced ones on a slide-out hard keyboard. :)