AVIC411.com

LEXUS LX470 INSTALL 2001

Just had my 700bt installed in my LX. My suv was a 2001, and the in dash GPS was not any option. Here are some comments.

No kit available for the LX. The original nagamichi is very unique, so do not use a small shop who only installs kits.

My installer said he had to remove the amplifier? Said it was to unique to attach to? Any comments. He also said the subwoofer was to unique also, to attach to? My install fee was $315.

The in dash trim and mount did not allow the 700bt to have a slight angle up. Not a big problem, but new factory gps in dash always have a slight tilt upward for beter visibility.

I hope the new firmware update will allow the 2d mode to have forward mapping, instead of North only.

More later.

Thanks for the information. It seems like people installing aftermarket navs in a Lexus are rare. Do you have any pictures that you can post for us to see how it turned out?

I myself am trying to install an F90BT into a 2004 Lexus ES330. I bought the instrument panel direct from Lexus and it is the part they put in their ES330 that had the nav option. I believe it is a double din size so am hoping it will work. About the wiring harness...the only one I could find that is even a possibility is the Metra TYTO-01 . Their tech support assured me it will work with a 2004 Lexus ES330 and is meant to work with your factory amp..otherwise may need to hardwire it.

Again, would appreciate you posting some pictures up. Also, do you have any idea how installing an aftermarket nav would effect the Lexus warranty?

Again, would appreciate you posting some pictures up. Also, do you have any idea how installing an aftermarket nav would effect the Lexus warranty?

It all depends on the type of warranty and restrictions. Usually dealerships only care about aftermarket performance parts, not so much audio. Especially since installing the unit is 100% reversible since you bought the dash kit and the harnesses.

Blackdog, as for your question on bypassing the amp, what kind of premium sound do you have?