AVIC411.com

Z3 or f90bt?

Doing that right now... thanks.

I heard that internal Flash navigation works better than the Z3's 30gb HDD navigation? Flash responds faster, is that true?

The biggest deal-breaker for me is the bluetooth handsfree isn't included with the Z3, and it's so much more expensive.

But you can't store music on the f90's hard drive.

But overall, I'm kind of stumped what makes the Z3 so much more expensive.

The Z series is like a one stop multimedia navigation unit. It has a lot of features that the F series doesn't have, hence the price difference. But the F series is fully modifiable as it runs on Windows CE. The problem with questions like these is the answer is up to what you want your unit to do, and other people can't answer that for you. You know what I mean?

Personally, I bought a Z1, and bought a Z3 drive, then sold that and bought the F700BT, and I'm much happier, but that's because I made no use of the Z series features, but I take full advantage of the F's

Yeah-- understood. I just didn't think that the extra features in the Z3 warrant that much of a difference. I would understand if it had everything the f90bt had and then some, but it's more like a different style unit that's more expensive.

Thanks for the help.

i had a D3 ..

had a few bugs (screen would go black, gps seemed more lost then me and a few other things, pioneer deemed a faulty unit)

because of that i was given the option to swap out for a 90BT ...

i have a folder of pictures of the different problems. although the navi does have a lot of addresses in it, i truely missed the 2D rotating map, and muliti route choice that the D offered. the bugs in the F series were driving me mental ! Volume on the navi and bluetooth would randomly be quite or as loud as the system could put out (yes the cars beside me would hear LOUD and clear). the level was turned down in the soft settings, but did not effect the random screaming volume. really i can rant on for quite a while about the F

so.. pioneer and i agreed to go with the Z3 (i had to pony up more money)

WOW .. forgot how a stereo has sound when you turn your truck on. Got that muliti route back (BIG WOW).

the Z3 i personally feel is far better!

Only disappointment, and by far not a reason to miss either other deck, is that artwork does not show.

i truely missed the 2D rotating map, and muliti route choice that the D offered.

WOW .. forgot how a stereo has sound when you turn your truck on. Got that muliti route back (BIG WOW).

the Z3 i personally feel is far better!.

Here on the Z series, the top of the map is the direction you are facing and thus the 2D map rotates to whatever direction you are facing.

ss850197_179.jpg

JamesAv07, are you saying that the F-Series does not have 2D maps that show in directional mode? (Meaning the top of the map is the direction you are headed) I mean i like the option on the Z3 where you can change your 2D maps from North up or Direction up.

Correct, on the F's only in 3d mode can you make the map constantly make the direction you are going appear @ the top of the screen

JamesAv07, are you saying that the F-Series does not have 2D maps that show in directional mode? (Meaning the top of the map is the direction you are headed) I mean i like the option on the Z3 where you can change your 2D maps from North up or Direction up.

It seems like a big deal but its not. Now when in 3D mode, now you can control the 'camera' angle of the view, up and down & left and right. If you just rotate the angle all the way up to an overhead view, it looks just like the 2D did on my D3 and your current direction is always at the top of the screen

It seems like a big deal but its not. Now when in 3D mode, now you can control the 'camera' angle of the view, up and down & left and right. If you just rotate the angle all the way up to an overhead view, it looks just like the 2D did on my D3 and your current direction is always at the top of the screen

That's the only way right now to get 2D north heading, but it readjusts itself if you press map or turn the car off.