AVIC411.com

Xvid playback possible

Hey guys,

Just to let you all know i did a search on here and found this post.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4950&highlight=xvid

Apprently, its just the FourCC header that neads to be changed and no conversion is needed!

I tried it myself and it worked no problem, i even tried MKV file formats and it worked!! only takes a split second and no need for converting Xvid to Divx.

• 2 months later...

I had no problems what so ever playing xvids 1.1.3 created with Pazeera at 640x480

http://www.download.com/Pazera-Free-FLV ... 86669.html

It's officially an FLV to AVI converter but will convert a lot more. It's quite easy and you can use batch processing to.

But i did have issues with DVD with different formats. It looks like DVD will only decode 1 codec at a time, being the first 1 found. Cause it played UHF perfectly but not other files with a different codec while the same files did work perfectly on USB and SD. But DVD plays better. Throughput with USB and SD does not appear to be sufficient. Running 1.9 european version on the F900BT

If it's possible, please expound? Mine won't play out of the box. The manual also says through disc only. If there is more information to get this working, please explain. Thanks

Get the "Avic.exe" and run it exactly the way they tell you in that post. At first it didn't work for me but that was because the settings were case sensitive. I typed the settings in lower case not upper case and the files would not play.

After I applied the settings I was able to put the divx/xivd files on a CD & DVD and I was able to play the files on my F90BT without any problems.

Just to see what would happen, I put the files on an SD card and a USB thumb drive as well. Both played the files but I did have some issues with playback.

The USB thumb drive played the files but the frame rate was terrible. The audio was just fine but the video resembled more of a slideshow than a movie. The movie also did not fill up the screen. It looked like it was playing in a window instead of "full screen"

The SD card was a lot better I did not have a frame rate issue but it also looked like it was playing in a window.

So far playing the files from a CD or DVD worked best but that may just be me.

Hope that helps,

Dave