AVIC411.com

Avic d2 arrow moves slowly when at stop

Just recently I noticed that arrow on my AVIC D2 moves slowly even when I'm at a red light. The arrow will put me past the street before the light turns green. I went into setting and it shows 3 to 4 mph when stopped. Another thing not sure if related after starting vehical for first time in morning the location on my GPS is way off. I have to drive around a while for it to find itself.That was never like that. Any help would be great. Thanks cfde76

My D1 is now doing the same thing

I have checked all the connections (VSS and GPS plug)

The GPS antenna is on the dash as well, has been since it was installed.

On the "Connection Status" screen sometime I have no GPS signal, and other times I have all orange signal.

I also noticed that at times the "Installation Position" goes from "OK" to "excessive Vibration" where I am moving or not.

At times the Vehicle Dynamics screen shows that I am going over 100mph or more, even at a stop.

All of this only occurs when the unit is "cold" ie, first thing in the morning, after a little time it does begin to work normally, even if I turn it off for a time and restart the truck.

I have had it installed in a 2005 Ford F350 for over 3 years and this is the first time any of this has happened.

Is it just time to get a Z3?

Thanks for the help

Jason

Alright, this morning I started the truck up and all i got was the "please insert the appropiate disk" message.

-I never took the disk out!-

So, after removing the Nav disk and reinserting it, all it would do is give me the message "Please eject the disk and insert the appropiate disk" message. And I could not access any menu.

After about 1/2 hour it finally gave me the map screen, but it was not even near where I was (I am in Florida, it showed Conneticuit)

And on the "Connection Stauts" screen, I had no GPS signal, and no speed sence signal.

And a quick message at the top of the screen to "Please contact your authorized Pioneer Service Center"

I tried to reset the unit, and it did not improve it at all.

I called Pioneer and they said to ship it to them to be fixed. It would cost a minimum of $250, and be 4-6 weeks.

Should I just trash this unit and get a Z3?

I had the F900 and did not like the fact I could not tilt the screen, it gave me too much glare off the front seats. So I need something with a tilting screen.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Nowbody else has had this problem? Just found some more related problems. When in vehical dynamic it showns a vehical speed that will vary 5mph to 20mph but if i rev engine(in neutral) it will go back to omph breifly then go back to eratic speeds when not moving. Thanks cfde76

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would throw out a update concerning my problem with my D2. I had a charging issue with my Excursion I replaced both batteries( they were shot. But also changed out my alt(was not charging) . After checking the volt output of new one I noticed It would not charge more than 13.1 and only 12.8 with headlights on. :cry: So I took off all cables and cleaned ALL connection in the charging sys. from alt to the battery junction box. My alt now charges 14.7 constantly :D . I had given up on fixing the arrow issue (figured bad unit) but after I took truck for ride after all the work I noticed the D2 was working fine now :shock: . So I would highly recomend anyone experencing a similar issue check gronds/ and charging sys. Thanks cfde76