AVIC411.com

32GB SD Card

Awsome! My next question is does the music player have any intellegence (the ability to read ID3 and create playlists) or does it just play the files in order?

Does it display album art?

No and no. :(

All you can do is change folders, and set it to random or non-random.

I really should have broken that into 3 questions.

I assume the NO and NO are reffering to the ability to create playlists and display album art?

Does it read ID3 tags or did we go back to prehistoric file names?

And one more about the memory, on the USB connector can it read a 32GB flash drive?

That is good info! So you are running a 300GB HD? The HU has enough power to support or do you have it powered externally?

Are there any issues with the drive at startup (i.e. Do you have to plug it in AFTER the power is turned on to the HU or can you just leave it plugged in all the time?)?

I would assume you can also put video on the drive?

For an actual spinning hard drive you need ot run external power as well. I am using a Buffalo model that has secondary power input. I have seen reports here of people using 1.8" drives with no external power, though.

There is an issue of sorts with startup -- AVIC spends a good chunk of time going through the entire disk to make sure there is anything it cares to play. Once it is satisfied, it switches to disk even if you had a different source selected.Irritating, but at least I can copy all CDs to an $80 drive instead of $300 iPod... :)

Videos should work as well.

For an actual spinning hard drive you need ot run external power as well. I am using a Buffalo model that has secondary power input. I have seen reports here of people using 1.8" drives with no external power, though.

There is an issue of sorts with startup -- AVIC spends a good chunk of time going through the entire disk to make sure there is anything it cares to play. Once it is satisfied, it switches to disk even if you had a different source selected.Irritating, but at least I can copy all CDs to an $80 drive instead of $300 iPod... :)

Videos should work as well.

I don't know if this is the problem that I've had.

Whenever I restart the engine with usb connected to my 2GB Kingston thumb drive, it takes forever to reboot. And forever is the whole 30 minutes trip.

Is there any way to fix this or I just have to unplug the thumb drive before starting the engine.

Hopefully that will be addressed in the next upgrade.

The SD card and USB are the two primary reasons I purchased the F series. I find myself using the Navigation on my phone more and more these days just because it is up to date. But it is nice to have the in dash for long road trips.

Soon I will be installing my D-Link DIR-450 EVDO router and a SlingCatcher so I can stream Music Choice to the car from my cable box at home.