AVIC411.com

Help installing F700 into 2000 Jetta

For installation you need:

1. To mount the unit: ADT-VA133 (pioneer installation cage)

2. Harness: Scosche VW01B / VW01

Also you'll notice that the pioneer cage (sold separetly) will not make a flush mount with the rest of the dash. To fix this I followed the instructions on this forum:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3756919

I did the Hardware bypass wich you can find the instructions here on avic411 very easily.

I also ran my ipod cable underneath the central console so that it comes out of the arm rest compartment. I used this forum to remove the interior parts:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=958556

Any other question you have I'll be happy to answer.

The flush mount is up to you, it is 3/16 from the outer trim plus another 3/16 from the unit to the trim so....., I had it like that for 1 week and the head unit just looked out of place, not stock, horrible IMO, couldn't stand it so I did the mod, really easy and it doesn't damage anything so you can put the stock radio back any time if you like.

Maybe it will make more sense to me once I see it. To be honest, the pictures and instructions on Vortex were confusing to me.

The factory radio went to the garbage. When I purchased the car half of the buttons and part of the face were broke off and missing.

So I will take a look and see what I can do with it.