AVIC411.com

Auxilary Input

I'm a bit confused regarding the aux. input on the front of the F700BT, can this not be used with a normal MP3 player? I've tried, but there doesn't seem to be any way to enable it, except for IPOD or Video.

From what I can see, it only works with a certain cable meant for video input, according to the manual.

This is unfortunate if so. What if I have a friend in the car with an MP3 player and we just want to go with that...

The additional cable required is a 4 conductor as it includes left and right audio along with video in.

Your basic MP3 cable only has 3 conductors so the sections of the pin are probably not lining up right. I think the Installation manual shows a diagram of the plug. If you could get the right size plug I'm sure you could build your own adapter with just audio in.

Works fine with a standard 3.5mm (1/8") 3-conductor audio cable attached to an MP3 player. Just set in in settings for "video" (I can't recall if it is Video 1 or 2). In the A/V screen, the "switch" is on the bottom of the screen (greyed out unless you enable in in A/V settings).