AVIC411.com

Avic D3 update in 2009??

ok now, most of us have , in one way or another, gotten the map update right? so, my question is..

i saw a post here a short while ago by someone saying Pioneer is planning a major update to the D3 in 2009.. so , I'll start the rumor mill early.. anyone have any info on this at all? We should expect SOME type of map updates I assume, but "OS" updates? firmware, XM\Sirius... bluetooth, backgrounds.. voices.. ? what?

Yeah, I think that releasing the F Series with the number of problems/bugs it has they will have to fix it first and fix it well. What Pioneer did in sending these units out too soon is they killed their reputation for quality products. For them to release a better upgraded version of the D3 when the F Series replaced the D3 would be an absolute slap in the face to all of us who bought the F Series unit and I think would destroy any credibility they have amongst the AV fan base. It is like Nintendo releasing the Wii but with MAJOR functionality problems and instead of fixing it, they decide to release an upgraded version of the Gamecube next year even though MANY people decided to upgrade to the Wii. Know what I mean?

No, Pioneer is not now or in the future planning on releasing a major upgrade/update for the D3 as it is a discontinued unit, just like with the D1's, D2's, N1 through N4... all you will see for these units in the future is map data updates, that's it.

I wouldn't put it past them to not even update the maps on the D3. It cost money and with the bootlegging they can't be making near what they could or should.

Why not? They've already done it this year, as well as every year in the past for their older units.

• 2 weeks later...