AVIC411.com

some bad news for future

haha, uh these guys couldn't even figure out if there was an update, yet they would know that the thing will be discontinued soon? Especially right after it was just fixed with this new update? They just came out 6 months ago my guess is at least a year if not more before the new one comes out.

Way too much money went into research and development and I am pretty sure they prob paid someone a lot of money to put out the fixes.

F Series will likely stay however Pioneer generally released newer models yearly.

Or due to the easy updating of these units, they might update models like they did with the Z-series units... keeping the units the same but changing the programming/data on them.

I just spoke with tech support at pioneer.

The f series will be discontinued soon. As a result, do not expect many --if any-upgrades to follow. They may make a few minor revisions.

A bummer.

I hope not. Techs aren't always in the loop...sometimes they don't even know their own product.

I've been on the phone on with Kenwood techs many times(I'm an installer), and have had multiple techs tell me multiple times that the built-in parrot bluetooth on the 8120 will NOT work with an aftermarket amplifier - but it in fact does.

The Pioneer reps have been going through doing the update on our inventory at all our locations, I would hope that they wouldn't go through all that trouble just to discontinue the series.