AVIC411.com

Problems with 2007 Dodge Ram and C2R-CHY

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. I have a C2R-CHY that I took out of one of my previous vehicles. I installed a new AVIC-F90BT this afternoon using the harness. The system booted fine and allowed me to run the new 2.0 firmware update. The navigation was fully functional, but I don't have sound.

The instructions for the C2R-CHY stated that the blue-white wire should be connected to the system control/amp wire on the harness with the RCA's. I made the connection. It also stated that I should hook up only the rear speakers to the front speaker connections from the AVIC. I also made these connections.

When I tried to play FM. The only source I have connected right now. I didn't get static or anything when adjusting the volume.

The truck has the 7 speaker Infinity amp system. The amp is behind the glove box directly below factory Sirius radio box.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Couple of things: First, make sure the speaker wires you connected to on the pac harness connect to wires in the factory harness. Second, make sure the blue/white connection is good and voltage is present on the wire. Third, find the fuse in the fuse box for the factory amp. Then, with the stereo on, pull the fuse for the factory amp and then reinsert it. I've seen these amps lock up (usually do to accidental shortage during install process) and this takes care of it.

I tried everything suggested and nothing worked so I called Pac-Audio today. They told me that the version of the C2R-CHY I had from my Jeep was too old for my Dodge. They said I needed Rev. 1.4a.21a and I had Rev. 1.4.11a. So I just spend 140 bucks on a new one from a local retailer. Everything worked fine but the sound.

I'll update tomorrow if it works. Is this right that you can't get updates for these things? Sounds like a rip off when you have the correct model but can't get the update for the newer year vehicles.