AVIC411.com

Night mode for map stopped working.

I just discovered that holding the "V" button on my Z2 turns off the display!

So I don't know if this is connected with my issue or not, but I was pressing the V button to turn on/off my display, when suddenly I realize my map would no longer switch to night mode when I turn my headlights on.

I checked the map settings to make sure it's set for "automatic" and not "day" and it is still set to automatic.

So how do I get my map to flip to night mode again? I'm thinking about restoring hardware settings, but does doing that reset all my phone/address book?

Thanks!

If you havn't had the time to check the illum connection, you might want to try this first.

Change the setting from 'automatic' to 'day'. Then, turn on your headlights. If the unit does not dim, then check the dim level. If the dim level is set to low with the headlights 'on' and the unit still does not dim - there is an open circuit to the illum connection.

'c'

You can check if the wire is properly connected without pulling the unit by checking in the harware menu. You should see the illumination input toggle when you switch the lights on or off ....

Thanks for that. I checked the hardware settings connection and illumination says "off" regardless of headlights on or off.