AVIC411.com

Sirius unit installed with the Z1?

Hi all

Hope someone can please help me, I have installed a Sirius SIR-PNR1 in my car, I also have the IPOD CD-IB100II and the Sirius goes through the IPOD and then the IPOD connects to the Z1.

Anyway my problem is with the sirius radio, the sound isn't very clear and makes the front left side speaker pop when I have it on a sirius channel, the front right doesnt sound like much is coming out of it either. I checked the PNR1 connections although can't get into the dash right now to check the IB100II to see if thats ok but I can't see why it wouldn't as the ipod plays perfectly! As does all the other components!

Help please!

Thank you

Stu
[quote name="outatime"]Hi all

Hope someone can please help me, I have installed a Sirius SIR-PNR1 in my car, I also have the IPOD CD-IB100II and the Sirius goes through the IPOD and then the IPOD connects to the Z1.

Anyway my problem is with the sirius radio, the sound isn't very clear and makes the front left side speaker pop when I have it on a sirius channel, the front right doesnt sound like much is coming out of it either. I checked the PNR1 connections although can't get into the dash right now to check the IB100II to see if thats ok but I can't see why it wouldn't as the ipod plays perfectly! As does all the other components!

Help please!

Thank you

Stu[/quote]

Have you tried reversing them? I have the same setup but I have the serius adapter closer to the head unit and then the last in the chain is the ipod adapter and it works perfectly.
Thank you, will give that a try tomorrow, as you have sirius you don't happen to know if there is a way of displaying signal on the pioneer do you? I mounted my antenna inside the car on the back shelf and I am trying to find the best spot for it?

Thanks again

Stuart
[quote name="outatime"]Thank you, will give that a try tomorrow, as you have sirius you don't happen to know if there is a way of displaying signal on the pioneer do you? I mounted my antenna inside the car on the back shelf and I am trying to find the best spot for it?

Thanks again

Stuart[/quote]

Displaying the signal strength? No I don't. But I ran the antenna to the outside and on top of my roof, so I didn't worry too much about it. I didn't see anything though.
Hi again

OK just doing some rewiring and I am still having problems with the PNR1 Sirius unit, I just made the PNR1 plug direct into the Z1 without any other units running through it and its still doing the same thing, I also tried 2 different cables to the z1 from the PNR1.

Basicly what happens is I turn the z1 on and onto Siruis and get no sound at all, then after a few mins of waiting I get a crackle, then I hear a distorted sirius, then after about 10mins of distortion it goes to normal sirius audio on whatever channel I choose to listen too, if I turn the car off and leave it for 10mins I have to do the same thing all over again.

Maybe a bad sirius box maybe, can't see I have wired it in wrong, everything is as normal, and the ipod box works fine through it so I am little confused at the moment to what it could be!!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks as always

Stuart
[quote name="outatime"]Hi again

OK just doing some rewiring and I am still having problems with the PNR1 Sirius unit, I just made the PNR1 plug direct into the Z1 without any other units running through it and its still doing the same thing, I also tried 2 different cables to the z1 from the PNR1.

Basicly what happens is I turn the z1 on and onto Siruis and get no sound at all, then after a few mins of waiting I get a crackle, then I hear a distorted sirius, then after about 10mins of distortion it goes to normal sirius audio on whatever channel I choose to listen too, if I turn the car off and leave it for 10mins I have to do the same thing all over again.

Maybe a bad sirius box maybe, can't see I have wired it in wrong, everything is as normal, and the ipod box works fine through it so I am little confused at the moment to what it could be!!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks as always

Stuart[/quote]

Well, it's either a bad sirius box or bad antenna placement. Is your antenna on the top of the car? Is it 6 inches away from a window or whatever they recommend for the install? If the antenna is in the center of your roof (just run the wire out though a window for now) and you still get that, I would assume it's a bad sirius box. You could call sirius they usually answer tech support calls. But make sure you are out in a field (nothing over you) and your antenna is on the roof (nothing over it) and in the middle (away from a window or whatever). And if it's still doing it, I would bet it's a bad box.
[quote name="outatime"]Yep, it was a bad box, got a new one from Best Buy today and its working great, think I will order a prn2 and then take this one back to best buy later in the week!

Thanks again :)[/quote]

crutchfield will have the best prices... I love mine.. Move the PNR-1 into the wife's jeep on her DEH6700, then moved the PNP III that was in there to my daughters car... Everyone is happy :)