AVIC411.com

parking break message

OK so i just recently purchased the z2 and have done the 2-wire bypass, i put the yellow/black wire into the empty slot and spliced it into the parking break wire then grounded it. I then burned the file as an image using both nero and alcohol 120 and i get the same response from the unit "disc update already been updated" something along those lines. I reset it and still get that message.

I then drive my car and everything worked for about 5 minutes then it said that my parking break wire was not hooked up properly, so then when i drive above 18mph it would cut me off. As of right now once i start moving it cuts me out but when im at a light the features come back on.

I did the 2-wire bypass correctly and everything is secure in its place, i just dont understand what the problem could be, any ideas???

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. I just wired it as described. The previous owner mentioned he had it working with this method and then it stoped. I figured the connection had come loose on the ground pin. You never know with a used unit...

I ended up taking the "guide on" wire (since I don't have a external sound processor) and using it to make sure I had a good ground like in the above diagram.

Same symptoms. I can play a movie, it works for a few, gives me the parking break connection error, and then it will only play when I'm at stop lights. I have audio but no video when the car is moving.

I did connect the VSS wire for the GPS. Are people still using the VSS reading while doing the hack on these units? Is it possible that because of the vss wire it knows i'm moving and is giving me the problems?

AVIC-Z2

I have the same problem. I just applied the update disc. It took and rebooted the device. Then afterwards I hit the reset button. Now I still get the parking break error message and the video cuts out when you move.

I checked and it says the unit is running 02.000 version. If there is any more info I can get from the unit for troubleshooting please let me know and i'll report back.

I checked the sensors screen. VSS is good, GPS is strong, parking break is ON, illumination is OFF (I didn't connect this wire, should it matter?)

Hopefully someone can give me some ideas for troubleshooting this. I know we have the right pin grounded and its patched into the parking break wire which is also confirmed to be grounded.

Help! :lol:

Nobody here can help me troubleshoot this problem?? There has to be a method to isolate what is causing the parking break lead msg and no video.

I was thinking about getting one of those Z3 HDs but i'd hate it if that didn't correct the problem. Be nice to have another drive though to rule out a software issue. I feel pretty damn confident about the wiring!

:?:

I have never seen a Z2 with the correct firmware update that would not bypass when the correct wires have been grounded. There must be something wrong in the wiring. Something is either loose, the 'mute' wire moved to the wrong location, or the unit was not reset.

The image above shows the rear of the AVIC, not the wire connector. Verify the pin is seated in the correct connector.

ILL wire does not matter. It only dims the screen when the headlights/parkinbg lights are turned on.

We soldered the connections so I'm pretty confidant nothing came loose. I'll double check that somehow the image we used wasn't turned around backwards and we have the wrong pin...

My Z2 is WAY to bright at night so i'm going to have to pull the interior of my acura 3.2CL anyway to solder that lead. I'll double/triple check the connection for the ground lead since you feel confidant it isn't a software issue.

Thanks

I understand what you're saying. I actually stoped using the orginal owners "mute" wire because it didn't seem seated very well. I took the "guide on" wire and used it instead. It appeared to make a perfect connection but maybe not.

Once I have the car taken back apart ill do a little more troubleshooting since it appears to not be software related from what you are telling me.

this is my first stereo install and I am not using the RCA 1/2 connectors, for now it's just the deck installation with the stock base stereo system in a nissan 350z. I am using the power connection and the antenna connection only. I am actually using the connections for the gps nav traffic also but these mods don't say anything about those harnesses. Do I need to ground any wires such as the pkb wire to do the bypass? btw: this is a Z2.