AVIC411.com

IPOD all of a sudden not recognized at bootup anymore??

So after the 2.0 update I thought all the issues with the IPOD were fixed. Now the thing froze up once and and locked up the IPOD. Next thing that happened is now everytime I start up the unit the IPOD is disconnected. I have to disconnect it from the cable and reconnect it...

jesus this thing sucks.

If anyone has any info on this, I'd also be interested.

I have an iPod Nano 5G and F700BT. I did the 2.0 Update, everything has been fine, no issues until Wednesday 11/5/08. My iPod isn't recognized anymore.

What I've done so far -

1.) I've unplugged and replugged the control cable - the iPod responds accordingly but the Pioneer doesn't do anything. (done this many times)

2.) I've checked the A/V Input 1 setting on the Pioneer, made sure it's on Ipod

3.) Reset the Pioneer. (lost all my presets, but still no iPod).

So far, I can't get the iPod to be recognized. I've had no issues and there are no changes (i.e. taking the iPod out of the car or anything), just out of the blue it no longer sees it.

If anyone has any info on this, I'd also be interested.

I have an iPod Nano 5G and F700BT. I did the 2.0 Update, everything has been fine, no issues until Wednesday 11/5/08. My iPod isn't recognized anymore.

What I've done so far -

1.) I've unplugged and replugged the control cable - the iPod responds accordingly but the Pioneer doesn't do anything. (done this many times)

2.) I've checked the A/V Input 1 setting on the Pioneer, made sure it's on Ipod

3.) Reset the Pioneer. (lost all my presets, but still no iPod).

So far, I can't get the iPod to be recognized. I've had no issues and there are no changes (i.e. taking the iPod out of the car or anything), just out of the blue it no longer sees it.

Try hard rebooting both the IPOD and the headunit, it might help. Mine is back to normal now. I did figure out if you press any buttons on the headunit and the IPOD doesn't respond, you are probably on the way to losing connection. It did this to me a couple of times and when it did I just changed sources right away before it could freak out.

That totally helped! Thanks. I did a hard reset of the Pioneer but no changes, I'm so used to the Pioneer having minor 'tantrums' here and there with its sometimes quirky behavior I just assumed the issue had to be with the Pioneer! Doing a hard reset of the iPod solved it - guess the Pioneer and the Apple had an argument and this time the Apple didn't want to talk.

That totally helped! Thanks. I did a hard reset of the Pioneer but no changes, I'm so used to the Pioneer having minor 'tantrums' here and there with its sometimes quirky behavior I just assumed the issue had to be with the Pioneer! Doing a hard reset of the iPod solved it - guess the Pioneer and the Apple had an argument and this time the Apple didn't want to talk.

well crap I am back where we started. Mine now doesn't work half the time when the unit boots up. I cannot believe how crappy this thing is.

Even a hard reset doesn't work for me anymore.

i've got the same issue. worked fine for like the first week of getting AVIC installled. but pre 2.0 patch and post 2.0 patch, the thing is so flaky with the iPod. there'll be times when i have to connect and disconnect over 10 times and still sometimes won't work at all. very irritating when playing music from the iPod is the most important thing for me. (13,000 songs). good thing i bought the xm module. i took all my cd's out of the car. no having to lug those around was another reason for buying the Ipod & avic.

anyways, i really hope pioneer recognizes this as huge bug they need to fix. where it's the quality of the cables or if it's something in the software.

on a positive note, it worked perfect when i left the ipod in the car all this week. but, today i took it out to listen to music at work. put it back in after work. same stupid issue. wouldn't connect at all!

• 2 weeks later...
i've got the same issue. worked fine for like the first week of getting AVIC installled. but pre 2.0 patch and post 2.0 patch, the thing is so flaky with the iPod. there'll be times when i have to connect and disconnect over 10 times and still sometimes won't work at all. very irritating when playing music from the iPod is the most important thing for me. (13,000 songs). good thing i bought the xm module. i took all my cd's out of the car. no having to lug those around was another reason for buying the Ipod & avic.

anyways, i really hope pioneer recognizes this as huge bug they need to fix. where it's the quality of the cables or if it's something in the software.

on a positive note, it worked perfect when i left the ipod in the car all this week. but, today i took it out to listen to music at work. put it back in after work. same stupid issue. wouldn't connect at all!

If you have an SD card in remove it. That's what fixed my problem, not crappy Pioneer.