AVIC411.com

how doi program my steering weel controls with no remote?

The F-Series does not support infrared remote controls, so you need to use a wired steering wheel control module from PAC and not a wireless unit.

I just ordered my F700 yesterday and checked PAC's website this morning looking at the PAC SWI-PS. The F series was not on their application list, so I called PAC to make sure it would work okay with my 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab w/ JBL System. The person who answered the phone was insanely helpful and said that Pioneer had changed the wired remote input in the F series, and that only source/volume buttons would work, but not the track seek up/down. He said a "fix" (new model?) was due out in November, but it was looking more like the end of the year.

I love my steering wheel remote functionality, but I'm going to hold off a bit and keep my fingers crossed that PAC will update their stuff. If the story is true, it's kind of a bummer that Pioneer changed this functionality in the AVIC line.

-mb

Huh. I use the SWI-PS with my Subaru wheel (Legacy MOMO wheel grafted into an Outback wagon) with my AVIC-F90BT. The Volume Up/Down, Mute, Source and Seek Up/Down works. I tried programming the seek buttons as Disk/Preset Up/Down instead (since that works better with the radio modes) but no luck.

Hopefully it's just a firmware update to fix the protocol, and that PAC will offer "a mail it in to update" method... I need an excuse to open up the dash again to try the replacement GEX-P10HD I got back from Crutchfield (not much motivation if the preset buttons still don't indicate station/frequency info, since the HD reception in PDX seems pretty bad even with the powered antenna).

the presets don't work, but if your using the radio you can tune or seek by pressing and holding the button down. the same goes for the ipod. you can next or ff through a song. i've also found out that if you press the and hold mode button you can turn the unit off.

this is for my honda ridgeline, so i hope this will help you out.

I am using the Peripheral brand adapter on my 06 Tundra Double Cab with JBL. I do have the F90BT though, not the 700. I have volume, Mode, and trackup/down on my steering wheel. The volume works as expected, the Mode switches from XM to FM to AM to CD to Ipod etc, and the Track Up/Down works fine.

I bought mine from abt.com, but here is a link to the item:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=796

On CD's/IPOD/XM it tracks up/down fine. If I hold the button down, it will also move quickly through the song or movie. I'd need to go outside and check, but I am pretty sure for AM/FM it will track through the presets, though it may depend on what is on the screen at the time. XM works similarly.