AVIC411.com

Just installed F90BT after having Kenwood 5120

I thought with being a CE device and all the hacking I'd join the club. My first impressions though, not so good. I could not stand the lag and then updated to 2.0. I still think it lags too much (have to press a button a couple times). I also can not stand the button beep! I do like the graphics over the Kenwood which seems to be the downside and why nobody wants the Kenwood. But I prefer functionality first. The knob is much better on the Kenwood with the Pioneer not sticking out far enough. Boot up time though slower I have no issues with. I would just like to ask, what does work good on this unit? Please help. I'm not here to bash, just wondering if I'm missing something.

You're not missing anything; the unit still lacks the finesse that the Kenwood units have.

There are some small changes you can make that will benefit the overall speed of the unit. Look into the HACKS forum for deleteing the keybeeps and increasing the system RAM available.. both will speed the unit up but either is a silver bullet.

Do you have any desire to do ipod and phone by voice? If you do, choose the Pioneer. If not, choose the kenwood

x2

After having the ability to voice dial and play my iPod by simply speaking, it would be hard to go back. Keep in mind I use my iPod as my primary music source in the car and have 7k+ songs, so it makes it VERY convenient for me. Is the unit perfect? By ALL means no... is it functional to the point I can live with it and enjoy using it? Yes. Had you asked me before the 2.0 update you may have gotten a much different answer.

That was one of the things I liked about the Pioneers was the "Sync" like features. Seems to be a mixed bag on how well it works.

Mine works almost flawlessly... *knock on wood*

I feel the same, if only the Parrot would iron out their buggy ass bluetooth and Pioneer would make some of those drive-you-crazy quirks their unit has a load of

Do you have any desire to do ipod and phone by voice? If you do, choose the Pioneer. If not, choose the kenwood

Phone voice dialing, definately. I'm upgrading from an AVIC-D2 for that reason pretty much. The Kenwood has a BT module that works. I'm primarily interested in the Kenwood solely for the Garmin software, otherwise I'd go with Pioneer. Any thoughts on this??

Phone voice dialing, definately. I'm upgrading from an AVIC-D2 for that reason pretty much. The Kenwood has a BT module that works. I'm primarily interested in the Kenwood solely for the Garmin software, otherwise I'd go with Pioneer. Any thoughts on this??

I honestly prefer Garmin's nav software but I use the nav portion so little to get where I am going that I could not base my purchase on that... iGo is getting me where I need to go and since changing up the nav screen to look clean and organized, I am happy with it.

I honestly prefer Garmin's nav software but I use the nav portion so little to get where I am going that I could not base my purchase on that... iGo is getting me where I need to go and since changing up the nav screen to look clean and organized, I am happy with it.

The whole 2d/North up is a turnoff and I'm not sure how well the 3d will work for me (I'm so used to the 'standard' 2d view). While I LOVED my AVIC, I always missed Garmin quality when it came time to travel.

It just seems there are sooo many complaints on this unit, its a bit discouraging. I suppose if I had any idea where the Kenwood forums are I'd find complaints there too.

Just use 3D mode and use the crosshairs to tilt your viewing angle to almost straight down. Looks almost exactly like 2D and will give you the north heading you are looking for

The whole 2d/North up is a turnoff and I'm not sure how well the 3d will work for me (I'm so used to the 'standard' 2d view). While I LOVED my AVIC, I always missed Garmin quality when it came time to travel.

It just seems there are sooo many complaints on this unit, its a bit discouraging. I suppose if I had any idea where the Kenwood forums are I'd find complaints there too.