AVIC411.com

Fellow XM users, are you missing certain channels?? WTF?

I have a Z1 which I upgraded by replacing the old hard drive with a new Toshiba 60gb hard drive with the Z2 software on it. It's worked fine for months (bypass, XM, iPod etc) but a few weeks ago, certain channels were missing on my XM, but I know that XM did not eliminate them.

I'm able to scroll by themes by pressing the "P.LIST" button; Decades, Country, Hits, Christian etc. However, when I'm scrolling within a particular theme by pressing the "TRK" button, channel 20 is there, but it jumps to channel 23, skipping channel 21 and channel 22.

I called XM and I they did a system refresh (I had to give them my radio id, and leave the system on for 30 mins) which did not fix the problem. Yesterday, I took out the Z2 hard drive so I can install Z3, and put in the original Z1 hard drive. The XM was still skipping channels.

Is this a Z1 problem or an XM problem? I've been on hold with XM for the past hour.

Channel 21 and 22 are in a different category than 20 and 23, thats why it skips over them. Not sure why that is unless it has something to do with commercials, but I noticed it too about a month ago. I was able to get to them by pressing MODE until it is in All Channel mode

Yeah I noticed this too when they changed the names of the channels and such. For some reason my presets wouldn't work but I was able to tune to them via the track button. I then resaved the preset and all is good now. Now I just need to make some new logos for the renamed channels.

Fellow XM users, are you missing certain channels?? WTF?

This may or may not help, but thought it at least worth a look. Today, XM sent email to me that has an attached link:

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/lineup.xmc

where you can view the "All New Channel Lineup". I don't wander too much around the XM channels, perhaps this new feed did something to your settings?

Just a guess :roll: