AVIC411.com

F700BT Install on 2008 Altima Coupe

Has anyone installed this in a Altima Coupe? How hard was the install? Does anyone have a link to a writeup on how to install this unit with pictures? How hard is the bypass? I have been searching and looking at posts and the bypass looks easy, but is there anything else I need to know before doing the install?

Thanks

Can't speak for the coupe, but have installed one in a 2008 sedan. Dash kit looked nice and mounted solid, but having tried 3 different manufacturers' dash kits, I don't want you to be surprised about something. The plastic insert around the ac controls that comes w/ all 3 kits tends to rub on the lower buttons and pushing them in far enough to activate button functions like ac on/off, defrost, etc...

If you can mount the kit just right you'll be ok. Just keep in mind the factory metal brackets are replaced with plastic brackets which twist when overtightened, and if they twist, your kit will twist and won't sit properly. Best bet is to use a hand screw driver and keep an eye on the brackets as you tighten the screws.

Do you have factory BOSE and electronic climate control? If so, you may be kinda screwed.

I have the base Non Bose, Non Electronic stereo and climate controls.

Oh I think you had an electronic stereo ;)

If you had the automatic climate control vs manual, thats a hard fix. You can either get the shitty non-matching Metra dash kit, have a half inch gap or do something about the gap.. I used my dremel and made some trim pieces fit in the gap and it looks pretty nice

radioFinalCloseup.jpg

radioFinal.jpg

If you don't have automatic climate controls, then put away the dremel and order the right part from Nissan. Check out nissanparts2u.com (Mossy Nissan) or call them and ask for Peter, tell him the part you need and he'll get it ordered.

Hey Terron I checked nissanparts2u and couldn't find what you're talking about. Got a link? I like the fact that the texture matches even though you have to fill in the gaps on the sides. Looks nice!! By the way, how much did that piece cost?

Not sure I'd call the metra kit shitty though. For Colton's app the metra kit should work just fine. Also, I've noticed the F series face is slightly smaller than regular double din faces. Anyone else notice the trim ring that comes with it doesn't fit properly? It's the same trim that comes w/ the D series which does fit right.

Remember, it cost between $5000 to $25000 for kit manufacturers to develop molds to make kits so if there's one dash that they may not make the investment back on they won't make it.

Hey Terron I checked nissanparts2u and couldn't find what you're talking about. Got a link? I like the fact that the texture matches even though you have to fill in the gaps on the sides. Looks nice!! By the way, how much did that piece cost?

Not sure I'd call the metra kit shitty though. For Colton's app the metra kit should work just fine. Also, I've noticed the F series face is slightly smaller than regular double din faces. Anyone else notice the trim ring that comes with it doesn't fit properly? It's the same trim that comes w/ the D series which does fit right.

Remember, it cost between $5000 to $25000 for kit manufacturers to develop molds to make kits so if there's one dash that they may not make the investment back on they won't make it.

I call the Metra shitty because it doesnt match either by color or texture. I also understand the molding issue, but believe me, there are so many Altimas that have sold that they will more than make their money back.

On NissanParts2u, you have to select the collision catalog.

Go to Instrument Panel, Instrument Panel Components, Center Panel. You have With and Without Navigation. If memory serves me correctly, the one labeled "With Navigation" is for manual climate controls and has the perfect size double din opening. To get the dash kit piece for automatic climate control and double din opening, I had to call Peter at NP2U and exchange one part for the other.

The link to the manual climate control, double din piece is #15 here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=2

The trim piece I used is found #17 here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=2

So, I'll say it one more time in case anyone gets confused. If you have manual climate controls, you don't have to do any modding of the dash panel, its perfectly sized as is. If you have automatic climate controls, you will have to either buy a non-matching dash face or buy the overly large Nissan one and make some trim tabs.