AVIC411.com

Basic Modding

Hey guys. This is a very basic question, and I'm sure if I searched it I would find something. I just can't think of search terms to find this particular answer.

I have not seen a step by step tutorial of how to mod the F series, so my question is this.

The Data.zip file that we edit to make the changes, am I correct in assuming, that we need to "re zip" the zip file and replace the old one? Also, the "data" folder that shows after you unzip data.zip, do we need to take that folder out of the sub folder so it's not on the sd card when finished?

Don't really know how to ask this which is why I did search it. Hopefully that makes sense to some one out there!

Thanks,

Scott

During testing,m I find it easier to put my modded files into ui_pioneer folder inside iGO's main folder (you need to keep the same folder structure as what you see in DATA.ZIP, i.e. ui_pioneer\800_480\ui etc.). Files that are put there take precedence over content of DATA.ZIP and it is much easier to roll back changes -- just delete the files from the head unit.

Once the changes are verified, it is a good idea to move them to DATA.ZIP and free up space on the flash disk...

What if I got a Mac? They seem to put some extra crap in ZIP files.... ?

Stuffit has an option to ignore those Finder files (.DS_Store) when creating zip files. But I do the same as BorisM, I don't touch the data.zip but put the files in a ui_pioneer directory instead. Much easier.