AVIC411.com

Custom XM Station Logos

Ok guys, I am getting the logos made for the new XM Sirius merger chan titles...

For example.. Flight 26 is now "The Pulse"

as some of you have seen, our icons wont show up.

You have two options. Both involve you burning DL DVD's.

To start, RIP a image of your main (or both) Nav discs onto your computer.

Option 1) I can send you an updated IMAGETBL.DAT that you replace the current one on the Nav disc DVD's. This will show the old logo. if there is one... there are no logos for howard stern yet.

For example, even though the station is now "The Pulse" it will show a Flight 26 logo... This is nice if you like the old logo's. Personally, I dont like the new 'RawDog' comedy logo... XM Comedy is much better..

This option will require some more time on my end, I need to finish working on this file...

Option 2) (Requires option 1)

Go to each XM Channel site and download the JPG file

(SEE LINK AT BOTTOM) Just change where it says 49 to what ever channel number you want

Save the JPG, open it in photoshop, Everywhere its white, change it to RGB value of 206, 198, 206. And fill in. The AVIC D3 will change anything WHITE to BLACK. This grey is the same color grey the AVIC uses, so it will blend in... once again, if you leave it white, it will invert the color to black.

picture1nm0.png

After you convert everything to that grey, change the size of the image to

136x40

Save the image as a BMP file in 32bit mode.

Convert the BMP to PIM, and save it as DPS***.PIM (Replace *** with the 3 digit chan ID aka 049)

and place it in the XMDPS folder on the Ripped image of the DVD

if you are happy... burn the disc and give it a shot...

Where to find chan logos

http://xmradio.com/images/channels/logos/main/49.jpg

Attached: XMNew1.zip = My version of Chan 26, Chan 46, Chan 49, Chan 48

post-15024-12872756210568_thumb.jpg

XMNew1.zip

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will you be willing to post the updated logos when you finish??

Im only updating the stations I browse too due to time issues (aka I dont have enough) that is why I posted step by step instructions..... I will how ever post my IMAGETBL.DAT

I have a AVIC D3... That is the AVIC D3 interface.

ok sounds good. thanks.

question.... so if I download all the images from XM and convert them as you described under "Option 2", can I just replace the existing images on the .iso and burn a new copy? Or does this require some sort of editing within the IMAGETBL.DAT file as well?? I see that you wrote "requires option 1" under option 2.

What I would like to do is just have all of the new logos appear on my D3. I'm not familiar with editing the IMAGETBL.DAT file.... Any advice?

ok... one last thing.... ive made several of the new logos... any ideas for converting BMP to PIM on windows??? Also, if i get this working i will post the logos i have recreated. hopefully this works...

I used PIMMGR?

I found it on this site. Look in the custom background topics

If you mail the logos to me, Ill be more then happy to test them