AVIC411.com

Custom XM Station Logos

I am working on all of the new PIM icons right now. I have sent a bunch to WwRGSwW. I have completed channels 2-48 as well as the channels that just switched numbers. WwRGSwW is going to let me know if the PIMs work. I will continue the editing process tonight. It will take me quite some time to finish the rest but hopefully we will have a working 2008 NAV disk with all the new XM logos in the end.

^ I burned the disc, Ill test it tomorrow and let you know on your icons!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are the icons in BMP format.

I guess to convert to pim I will need to get irfanview or something.

??? do the catagory names need to be changed? or does the d3 pick that up off the broadcast?

^ per WwRGSwW's instructions: the white background needs to be converted to the D3's default grey color. I almost have 2-100 done in this manner..... We will see what happens with my completed icons in the morning. WwRGSwW burned them to his NavDVD and will test them tomorrow.... (Cross your fingers!!!)

fingers crossed, i dont have a good photo editor so I could not do any advanced editing, I just thought it would be good to have all the icons in one place.

if we can get this working 100% we can maybe ask that JLhong to host it on his ftp server, if not, I have a server we can host it on.

OK here it is.... All of the new XM Logos. I did some updating and remove stations that are no longer there. These are only the large logos. The small ones that appear when you hit the "List" button on your D3 would be too time consuming to recreate. Unless someone knows how to convert the larger ones.... Hopefully the ones I sent WwRGSwW will work and he can complete the IMAGETBL.DAT to go with it giving us a completely updated Nav DVD. If not, Im hoping someone can use these and incorporate them into the Nav DVD along with an updated IMAGETBL.DAT file. Thanks to WwRGSwW for testing them out and using a bunch of DL DVDs.

finalXMDPS.zip

I am going to buy some more DL discs tonight.

except some of the old stations like 27 still work...

if this is the case, is it just the pim that needs to be swapped out with the new one and the appropriate name? The excel doc I posted earlier indicates which old icons still work, it seems that even though the channel number changed, but name stayed the same so it finds the pim. in this scenario, changing the PIM file should give the correct logo. assuming there is a new one.

if the channel name changed, then the imagtbl.dat file needs to have a name change. such as xm chill, which is now Sirius XM Chill.

I guess what I am getting at is there are a couple of different scenarios here, I am going back to my excel doc to see what I can do.

I am going to buy some more DL discs tonight.

except some of the old stations like 27 still work...

if this is the case, is it just the pim that needs to be swapped out with the new one and the appropriate name? The excel doc I posted earlier indicates which old icons still work, it seems that even though the channel number changed, but name stayed the same so it finds the pim. in this scenario, changing the PIM file should give the correct logo. assuming there is a new one.

if the channel name changed, then the imagtbl.dat file needs to have a name change. such as xm chill, which is now Sirius XM Chill.

I guess what I am getting at is there are a couple of different scenarios here, I am going back to my excel doc to see what I can do.

well see what I dont know is, the old icon for cinemagic is DPS027.PIM, if he overwrote that with the new channel in its spot, I gotta change what Cinemagic's icon is... (DPS076.PIM)

make sense?

As far as the icon names go: If the channel's icon did not change but the channel changed numbers then i saved the existing icon. The icon file was simply renamed to the appropriate number. So what im saying is the channel numbers will match the icon file numbers. Hope this helps...

As far as the icon names go: If the channel's icon did not change but the channel changed numbers then i saved the existing icon. The icon file was simply renamed to the appropriate number. So what im saying is the channel numbers will match the icon file numbers. Hope this helps...

Yea I know that, and thats nice... but what I gotta do, is go see what channels changed # wise...

I tested some of his icons, they work... the comedy one is messed up color wise (150) and I could not get "AREA" working (80)

Its hit and miss... but that DAT File I posted earlier does work!

It may not work perfectly with BGG's icons, but it works with factory icons... and my custom ones