AVIC411.com

Which is the better AVIC

KENWOOD..OR ALPINE..or OEM

i payed 750$$ for my f900..and i got problems ..and problems

the ipod drops...the msn direct sometimes works sometimes it doesnt.

the gps ...is aa ok...I SAY CALL HOME..IT SAY I PLAY ALL SONGS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

mine is on the way back to the store.....2 of my fiends are sending theirs back too....

The AVICs have come a long way since they were released; theyre pretty decent units now with some bugs that need to be taken care of to give the unit the finesse it lacks.

MSN Traffic is pretty much worthless according to most every post on the board, so you should probably stick with an F900BT unless you really want that two year warranty.

KENWOOD..OR ALPINE..or OEM

i payed 750$$ for my f900..and i got problems ..and problems

the ipod drops...the msn direct sometimes works sometimes it doesnt.

the gps ...is aa ok...I SAY CALL HOME..IT SAY I PLAY ALL SONGS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

mine is on the way back to the store.....2 of my fiends are sending theirs back too....

Lol, ok, so which one does he buy to gain these features?

They all have their weaknesses. The F series is definitely worth it considering it's price tag and features.

There are definitely some haters around here who jump on any chance they get to bash Pioneer. Just don't have your hopes set too high that you become one of them. There are lots of people here who own one and love it, they are just not as spiteful and vocal.

For me, I'll just stick with my D3 and see what comes around next year. The F series was a major redesign, and I never personally buy first generation stuff.

i have personally worked with all of them, Kenwoods are decent, but they have their quirks. My biggest gripe is they are difficult to use. Alpine "blackbird" sucks, don't waste your time there. OEM most often needs to be bought with the vehicle, there are no aftermarket parts for integration, plus they are ridiculously expensive.

I would love to know why someone who thinks the avic f series is a waste of money they would be reading/posting on this forum? That says either they have a passion for hating these units, or they really have a whole lot of time on their hands.

I want to know the answer too! The guy who hates it with a passion replied in 11min... lol

I just installed the 2.0 update today and IMO the unit now works as it should. Fast, responsive, throw that on top of the units beautiful resolution, functional Navigation, built in bluetooth, changeable key colors, USB and SD compatible, MSN Direct, many more options that the Kenwood and Alpine lack, and you have an all around great unit with a low price tag. Also don't forget the infinite potential this unit has for Modifications. Show me a Kenwood or an Alpine that can do that :roll:

But to answer your question (since you didn't ask if the F series is worth buying or not, but rather which one is better), it depends on which fulfills your needs. I own the 700 because I have no need for a DVD Player or MSN Direct, and I love it. The 900 does have DVD player and MSN direct, plus a glossy finish, and the Premier 90BT is the 900 with an included iPod wire, 4volt preouts and a 2 year warranty. So only you can answer your own question.

I would love to know why someone who thinks the avic f series is a waste of money they would be reading/posting on this forum? That says either they have a passion for hating these units, or they really have a whole lot of time on their hands.

I want to know the answer too! The guy who hates it with a passion replied in 11min... lol

i replied in 11 min b.c i was online ..and thay why is a forum...to talk

now ..i am a woman and not a guy...and when i pay 1000$ for something ..i expect this piece of sh...to work..not to have to mod or to do anything to it..

i bought this for tHE msn and the bluetooth..and both dont work...so this unit is useless..AND COST 1000$$ TO ME

kenwood works!!!!!!! i intsalled it yesterday and it works!!!!!! WORKS!!!

now ..i am a woman and not a guy...and when i pay 1000$ for something ..i expect this piece of sh...to work..not to have to mod or to do anything to it..

i bought this for tHE msn and the bluetooth..and both dont work...so this unit is useless..AND COST 1000$$ TO ME

While I appreciate you going on about why you don't like the Pioneer unit, you STILL haven't answered the questions asked previously:

Why, if you hate the unit soooooo much, would you still even be reading/posting on the site. Logic (well, maybe not logic, but the fact that a person might want to spend more time enjoying the unit they currently own instead of ranting about the one they say they can't stand) would dictate that you would have moved on with your life and would be more interested in reading/posting/researching/or just generally feeling all warm and fuzzy with those that share your good vibage with your current Kenwood unit.

If you just get into talking smack with a bunch of folks that LIKE their units, or just want to continue to stoke the fires and feel part of the those persecuted souls that also hate their units, cool - just say so.

But folks like you, that continue to just trash it, without acknowledging the fact that hundreds of other owners have not only NOT experienced the problems you yourself bemoan, but in fact, LOVE their units, and have a very active interest in discovering new ways to enjoy them, just look sad and foolish to continue to hang out at a website focused on a product of which you say you can't stand.

Or is it that you have a lot of time on your hands?

Cheers,

Kev

OK, then. Bye. We'll miss your insightful commentary (not).