AVIC411.com

Which is the better AVIC

haha, wow talk about a flame war.

What were the oddsa women would be on this site, with a f series complaining none the less? Odds are 1 million to 1 you were a dude, especially with the ranting spilling out.

As far as your experience, my unit is installed by me, absolutely everything works, and anything that didn't work for me after 2.0 update wound up being user error or a complete wipe of all settings fixed the issue.

After 2.0 issues with fixes

A. Blue tooth was very wonky with the iphone 3g, this was fixed by resetting up the connection from scratch, reloading phone book etc.

B. voice recognition with Ipod wasnt working right, this was fixed by allowing the VR catalog cycle to run and complete, worked great after that.

C. Ipod (iphone3g) control wasn't working right or charging, front/back with pac steerging wheel controls was barely working. The fix to all these problems was replacing the Pioneer ipod cable with a new one (apple branded, i wasn't going to give pioneer any more money) and EVERYTHING works great now.

So, with the 2.0 update, if your still having issues, (like this hater was) look at all those possibilities.

I was very unhappy myself and bashing the unit as much as possible, after 2.0, all issues I had were fixed, and anything else was fixed througha little bit of trial and error, and haha, guess what reading the manual even helped as well! What a concept!

Peace.

Beratta, before you bash the F series again, I encourage you to look into the former member Astrobill, and read the thread "Lucky or you're wrong about the bypass" (that member Dekstar claimed to be a chick too). There's simply no reason for bashing anymore. It was the fun thing to do when it first released, and to talk about how the kenwood's worked much better, but now the unit works. If you don't own an avic anymore, and you have nothing but bad things to say about it, why continue to post here?

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks u guys, yea i finally decided to grab up the f90bt! it only costed 700 so i wasnt complaining about the price. and yea i have a pair of rockford fasgate p3 12" inch subs i plan on blasting in my dodge magnum hemi! sorry i love to brag, lol but i think i needed the extra input on what to buy. i love to mod things myself, example i have halo lights on my mag which i purchased from AAC. took two days but its well worth it. love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey thanks u guys, yea i finally decided to grab up the f90bt! it only costed 700 so i wasnt complaining about the price. and yea i have a pair of rockford fasgate p3 12" inch subs i plan on blasting in my dodge magnum hemi! sorry i love to brag, lol but i think i needed the extra input on what to buy. i love to mod things myself, example i have halo lights on my mag which i purchased from AAC. took two days but its well worth it. love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong in being proud of what you own, or what you do. IMO, the F90BT is the best nav unit right now for its price and usability...especially after the 2.0 update. Good luck and hope you enjoy your new AVIC!

• 4 weeks later...
I would love to know why someone who thinks the avic f series is a waste of money they would be reading/posting on this forum? That says either they have a passion for hating these units, or they really have a whole lot of time on their hands.

I want to know the answer too! The guy who hates it with a passion replied in 11min... lol

i replied in 11 min b.c i was online ..and thay why is a forum...to talk

now ..i am a woman and not a guy...and when i pay 1000$ for something ..i expect this piece of sh...to work..not to have to mod or to do anything to it..

i bought this for tHE msn and the bluetooth..and both dont work...so this unit is useless..AND COST 1000$$ TO ME

kenwood works!!!!!!! i intsalled it yesterday and it works!!!!!! WORKS!!!

What kenwood did you get?

i usually dont chime in on these kind of off topic subjects but this has gotten my attention.

First off its a open forum,If someone doesnt like a f series or anything for that matter they are entitled to there opinion.

Now if they are just spewing venom and not offering any kind of factual reasons as to why the dont like the product then thats just a waste.

The F sereies In my Opinion isnt a bad unit,People are resistant to change and sometimes unwilling to have a open mind.

Does the f series take time to load?Sure and honestly i dont like the loading time,But have you seen the OEM Nav systems on 07-08 Esclades?It takes 30 seconds to 45 seconds to boot up,and the f series with 2.0 now loads just as fast.

For the price the F series Is a great unit,Its nav side has alot of useable benifits over the kenwood and alpine units.The msn direct is something that has to be worked out but lets not forget that sirius Sat radio had the same Hiccups when they started out as well.

Can the F series be improved?Sure,and im betting its being done at this very moment but also someone show me a double din DVD capable With built in bluetooth ALL IN ONE self contained NON disc Navigation Unit at the price point of the f series?

There isnt one not even close,but again it comes down to personal preference.

Some people wont like it period and you cant convince them,

But others will.

If you dont like the F series put up Real reasons,What you dont like,what you did like and let other people choose from there.

Just my.02 cents

I bought the 90 from 6th ave. because of the price (604), it was for my wife's Solstice, she is hard to please and likes simple! I have a Clarion NICE unit and now am way jelous! Paid 300 for the install but that included HD radio (which is fantastic in the Seattle area) and her XM radio. I was afraid the wife would explode at me buying this and putting it in her car, she did not want any thing expensive for xmas. When I took her out to the car I thought I was in deep @&$%, as soon as she saw this though, she was flabergasted at its capabilities. She is now so proud of tha car! Today I link her blackberry curve for phone service and rid the onstar subscription (did not install the harness and lost the annoying door open chime). What a unit! One of these will be going in my dodge ram and replace the NICE unit. I am so glad for this forum, I have been reading many of the threads an appreciate all your inputs, they are informative (and entertaining)! Keep up the great work, I feel like a baby learning to crawl at this point in time! :D

Barata... Thank you for posting your opinion. Some people on here are a little fanatical, about their systems. In the future, you may want to post some details and reasons when you make a statement.

It would help to clear up the confusion.

Btw, I have only recently gotten my avic-f700bt, and am delighted to find out about all the fixes and mods.

My unit works fine out of the box, just as promised, but I am happy to find fixes and mods to tailor it to my taste and have it work the way I want.

The driving bypass will make my unit much more enjoyable... Wtf I never use my P brake... I have an automatic. I can't wait to see if I can disable all the warnings as well... they are annoying. I can decide for myself.

I would recommend the avic-900. Even tho I don't really need the DVD, it feels like something is missing without it. I think it would have been worth it if I had spent the extra money.

In the future, I would like to see a model with no cd/dvd and a detachable nav that plugs into the fixed deck