AVIC411.com

XM Radio Interface

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded my N1 to a Z2. Awesome! I then upgraded to the newest N3 software and it works well, however I have one problem.

My XM interface does not look like those screenshots I have seen here. Basically, it wont even list the title of the song and the composer at the same time.

I can tap the display button and I can cycle thru chan name, category, song name, artist but I cannot get the interface that you guys have. Mine still acts oldschool.

There are 2 different XM receivers out there, do I have the wrong one or something? I also notice some of you guys have XM channel icons. I want that! lol

Thanks in advance!

I have the Pioneer GEX P920XM XM radio tuner installed.

I also have a GEX P10XM XM or whatever it's called, the one with the Nav Traffic laying around but not installed. They dont have Navtraffic in Canada so I didnt bother installing that one.

Will the newer xm receiver change my interface?

Yeah, I read about the channel icons, however I still can't see all the info on the songs/artists etc. My ipod interface does show this info though.

Should I be switching xm units?

I think you need to use the other interface. Do you have preset buttons and mode buttons?

Yup I do have the mode button and preset buttons, but then again my old N1 had that also.

Does anyone here have XM and can take a picture of the interface screen they see? I will post mine this evening.

Is there any interface that shows both the Artist and Song title at the same time? Mine isnt doing that.

Also, I'm looking at the GEXP10 unit and notice that it has a "data" port. My 920 doesnt have that. Is this required or is this just a navtraffic thing? I want to get navtraffic now anyways since its in Canada but I dont have one of those cables.

Confusing :/

Did you figure out all your questions?

I have XM in my car now using the GEX-p920xm

I originally had the Sirius Sir-pnr2 but it stopped working, saying searching for satellites, but would sometimes work (bad solder joint?)

In my opinion the sirius interface looked and worked way better than the Xm one now. It had the artist/title display option it had game alert for the games you want. just way easier to use.

I haven't found a way scroll the title of the song or artist...

does anyone have nav traffic? i'm thinking about either getting that or getting a new sirius tuner?

post-23928-12872756300151_thumb.jpg

post-23928-12872756305648_thumb.jpg

post-23928-12872756311849_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot.

I changed out my 920XM with the new XM10T with navtraffic and got the new interface!

It's sooooooooo much better! I can't believe there is such a difference between units.

One question though, I noticed there is something new on my menu something about saving tracks or something?

When I click save song it puts it on some list and has some notify buttons or something on there. Anyone know what this does?

You can save like 12 songs or something. When they come on ANY xm station it will prompt you to switch to that station or not. I like it alot, just don't choose a popular song or it will prompt you way too often because they repeat so many songs. You can go in and edit which songs you have saved in the function menu

You can save like 12 songs or something. When they come on ANY xm station it will prompt you to switch to that station or not. I like it alot, just don't choose a popular song or it will prompt you way too often because they repeat so many songs. You can go in and edit which songs you have saved in the function menu

It is a very neat future. It can save up to 10 songs and when one of them is on it will alert you with a display asking you if you want to jump or stay. Howver you must be listening to xm/sirius for it to alert you, you can not be on like cd or basic radio etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the screenshot.

I changed out my 920XM with the new XM10T with navtraffic and got the new interface!

It's sooooooooo much better! I can't believe there is such a difference between units.

I'm new to the forums, but I've been reading a lot as I researched all the parts I need to install my Z2 (coming soon).

Am I correct in understanding this thread that the GEX-P920XM has a different appearance on the Z2 than the the GEX-P10XMT? I just ordered the P920XM because the XM NAV Traffic doesn't really have any information on my area.

Can you post a picture of the P10XMT screen so I can see the difference?

thanks