AVIC411.com

Help! Music doesn't pause on incoming call! :( :(

I have a couple of iPods, and with either of them connected to my AVIC-F700BT, my music never pauses when I get a call. The music is muted and calls work fine, but after the call ends, it continues my music as if it had never paused!

e.g. I'm on track 1 when a call comes in (or I make a call), and then I talk for 10 minutes, and then the call ends and it resumes on track 4 or 5 (or however long 10 minutes of music is).

Is there something I'm missing or is it designed this way? It's rather infuriating!

Thank you for any help you can offer!

The Bluetooth doesn't pause the music, it only mutes it. That's how it's built.

Thank you for the reply.

Doesn't that seem ridiculous to you? My previous Pioneer BT stereo single-din (no navigation) actually paused the music. I can't believe it would be that hard to program a PAUSE when a call is made or comes in.

This for me is a huge issue, actually. :(

It is a design flaw (one of many) and it's absolutely ridiculous that the music isn't paused.

I agree. What pissed me off the most (pre-update, idk if the problem still exists) is sometimes the music wouldn't play for another 2 minutes after the call ended, so you miss more of the music.

As far as fixing that though Skicrave, do you think it's as simple as changing the script to make it pause instead of mute? Perhaps that's a pretty good thing to look into :D

its not a bug, its working as intended.

I disagree, it should and pause the cd and / or ipod. Any other radio does this as standard, My vw radio did it, my old alpine, a pioneer. It is a feature which has not been implemented correctly and if it they think it is they have missed it's purpose.Why would you listen to music / audiobook etc take a call and find out it has finished by the time the call is finished. At this price it should be standard. Maybe Not a full bug but a very bad implementation.

I disagree, it should and pause the cd and / or ipod. Any other radio does this as standard, My vw radio did it, my old alpine, a pioneer. It is a feature which has not been implemented correctly and if it they think it is they have missed it's purpose.Why would you listen to music / audiobook etc take a call and find out it has finished by the time the call is finished. At this price it should be standard. Maybe Not a full bug but a very bad implementation.

Then don't buy one. If you already have, then sell it. If you can't sell it, you shoud have done more research on the unit before making your purchase.

Wahhhhh, wahhhh this audio unit doesn't do everything I WANT it to. It should do EVERYthing PERFECTLY!! Wahhhhh.

Listening to you guys is like listening to my 4-year old. Enough. Pioneer didn't make the end all, be all, once in a lifetime, perfect in every way, any and every feature you can get audio device. For most of the people that buy it, it offers the ONLY aftermarket voice recognition, bluetooth enabled, navigation, DVD playing, XM/SIRIUS/AM/FM/HD radio unit available on the planet. It has quirks. It has foibles. Such is life.

Ask about things that may be buggy, if there is a fix, you will no doubt find it here. If there isn't live with it or sell the unit. Contrary to what you may have experienced so far, or what sunshine you mom and dad blew for you - life ain't perfect.

One would hope you have bigger problems than your iPod NOT pausing during a phone call!

very well put Mr. Womo! now get prepared because everyone will hate you for sticking up for pioneer. Its simple, don't like sell it and buy another brand. Pioneer is in every country in the world, do you reall think you are keeping them in from going bankrupt? You people are getting as bad as the customers that come in yelling "do you know how much money i have spent here?" then come to find out i personally have spent twice much as them. Things aren't designed for you personally, theres things on my deck i don't like but i deal with it and don't complain on every thread in here. GET USE TO IT, ITS LIFE!

very well put Mr. Womo! now get prepared because everyone will hate you for sticking up for pioneer. Its simple, don't like sell it and buy another brand. Pioneer is in every country in the world, do you reall think you are keeping them in from going bankrupt? You people are getting as bad as the customers that come in yelling "do you know how much money i have spent here?" then come to find out i personally have spent twice much as them. Things aren't designed for you personally, theres things on my deck i don't like but i deal with it and don't complain on every thread in here. GET USE TO IT, ITS LIFE!

mrspike - Yeah, well - not my biggest concern, Some folks (like you) will agree, others won't. It's no skin off my nose. My unit for the most part works extremely well. For others, it sounds very buggy. I just don't know what whining about it on a chat board does for them.

I've said in many other threads: If you have an issue, ask nicely if there is a fix. If not, then what can be done? Does it make any sense that the iPod doesn't pause when a phone call comes in? NO. But if folks on this board (with more knowledge on these units than anyone I can possibly think of) can't solve it, then just learn to live with it.

There are lots of aftermarket units on the market to purchase.

You almost got it right with your last sentence. It is not a bug, it is just something that can be improved upon in the future. They intended it to lower the volume because its easy. Pause would be ideal, except that there would have to be some differentiation between live music sources (XM/Sir/AM/FM/HDFM) and media.. and thats another 2 hours of coding, 10 hours of debugging and 2 weeks of beta testing. (2:10:2 rule)