AVIC411.com

Pioneer Avic D1 & XDV-P90

Help!! im think of getting the (Pioneer XDV-P90) for my avic d1. my questions is: all i need is the ip-bus cable to have it working right? or do i also need to power it up withe the power cable as well? the seller has the unit but no wires/cables. what do i need?
Please help!!

Thanks
-wang-
Looking the the manual on Pioneer's website, you apparently need the standard pioneer 4 pin power connector, but it has two more wires than my XM unit. There is a parking brake wire (which you can probably just ground, but still need connected) and a switched 12v wire (my unit just has a constant 12v wire).

I think this is the power cable you need, but it doesn't include the IPbus cable:

[url=http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CDE6398]http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CDE6398[/url]

Or, you can buy this cable, which is an IPbus cable with the power harness without the parking brake or red power wire, which you may be able to add on your own:

[url=http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/pie/accessories-cables/piip18daca.html]http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/ ... 8daca.html[/url]
It does have A/V bus. You need to purchase a CDAB50 (.5 m) or CDAB300 (3 m) to connect it directly to your D2. Have done it many times. You will need a remote also to actually start playing the movie if the disk doesn't start automatically

[quote name="wratran"]The p90 does not have an AV bus. I have this unit myself...and was thinking to use the AV bus to hook into the D2. I have to use just one RCA cable for the video input into the D2.
The IP bus will not input video.[/quote]
  • 3 months later...
Need clarification on wiring for a Avic D1 and XDV-P90 DVD changer. Is there only the single IP-Bus Cable and a video cable that does go from the P90 to the D1? Conflicting information here on this thread that a AV-Bus cable also exists in this set up. Power, ground and brake cable are all connected properly on the P90.

Also what is the correct input setting for the D1 on the input screens to be able to control the P90 from the head unit.?

Manual says this, but does not exactly reference using a IP-Bus connection:

[i]Setting the video input

You can switch the setting according to the connected
component.

• Select “VIDEO” to watch video of a connected
component as AV source.
• Select “M-DVD” to watch video of a connected
DVD player as S-DVD source.

Touch “AV INPUT” in the SETUP menu.
Each touch of the “AV INPUT” changes the
settings as follows:
• OFF — No video component is connected
• VIDEO — External video component
• M-DVD — DVD player connected with
RCA cable

When a DVD player is connected with an AVBUS
cable, do not select “M-DVD” or else no
picture is displayed even if you select S-DVD.[/i]

P90 does not seem to be communicating with the D1 after doing the video in motion mod by grounding the wire at the #10 and #6 (ebrake) locations in the harness. Video does show up and is viewable while in motion but no audio is present and the head unit does not show the P90 as a source "S-DVD"......P90 is controllable only via a remote and no longer by the D1.

Hence wondering if I forgot to reattach one cable when putting the head unit back in after the mod though I was very careful to note what was connected on the back of the D1 but a connector might have pulled out without me seeing it when the head unit was removed to do the mod due to the mass of wiring present.

Current wiring present on back of D1:

1) White harness connector with all AV input/outputs, video from P90 is connected to Video input
2) Black harness connector with power, ground, other function wires
3) GPS wire
4) IP-Bus to P90
5) Antenna

Did reset both units, but P90 still does not show up as a "S-DVD" source on the D1. And yes, it did work properly prior to the mod but was not viewable while in motion.

Thanks in advance !
That's what I'm trying to figure out....when I get a chance I need to unmount the P90 and look at the back of the unit to see if an AV Bus connector is there.....from the manual all it has is a optical out, a IP-Bus IN and a IP-Bus OUT. But you never know if the unit actually looks like that. A shop did the initial install.

Was also wondering if there is a different procedure for resetting the P90 other than pushing the reset button in the front. There is a switch in back that toggles from STAND ALONE to IP BUS depending on the connnection scheme used. I wonder if you have to retoggle that as well as part of the reset.
Just make sure the switch is in the IP-bus mode when you power it up. Sometimes, with Pioneer, you must reset all attached units, ie., XM, iPod, AVIC, TV tuner, etc.. Try that, but first, makes sure that you have all cables plugged in securely.
Thanks Jimmy

Will give the resets again in different sequences after resecuring all the plugs again. I did remove the - battery cable when doing the bypass mod as a safety precaution so did lose all power for some time to the electronics while the mod was done.

Just strange that the P90 is no longer being seen as a S DVD source in the D1 menus after a simple ground mod was done with no other changes to the wiring.

Hans
Success...

Set switch on XDV-P90 from IPBus back to Stand Alone, back to IPBus, press reset button each time.

Start with XDV-P90 power off via it's own remote.

Allow Avic D1 to power up XDV-P90 via IPBus. Should get audio using S-DVD input which should now be an INPUT option.

Set Video input on Avic D1 to M-DVD to get video.

Exactly per the manual, just remember to reset the P90 DVD player as well everytime you move the rear switch from Standalone to IPBus.

BTW, there is no AV Bus cable on the XDV-P90...