AVIC411.com

Turn the unit off?

Hey guys,

I've been searching and reading tons of useful information about my new F700...i'm in the middle of installing it, and was wondering: i know i can turn the screen on the unit off, but is there an on/off mode as well where I can turn the WHOLE thing off??? I searched but couldn't find anything

Thanks

No there is not, when power is applied by accessory, the unit is powered on, only thing youc an turn off is the audio source.

Only sure fire way to make sure its completely off is applying a kill switch that separates the accessory wire.

This unit takes 30 seconds for the main screens to show up, and almost two minutes before your phone will. So having it always on, but the audio source turned off makes sense. This is essentially the same as being off, but the nav unit etc are all available at the press of a button.

thanks for the reply...that's what I was thinking anyways, that with the long bootup time, they just wouldn't let you turn it off other than the screen.

One more question:

My original radio is connected to a factory JBL amp before it goes to all the speakers. However, instead of having RCA type plugs, it had wire-type harness connection from the original radio. As a result, I used the wire harness and now BOTH the pioneer AND the JBL amplify my sound which = that volume level 6 is already unbearable.

So I'm wondering: Is there a way to turn off the amp within the pioneer but have it still output via the normal 4 speaker wires rather than the red/white RCA ones? I would bypass the amp but it's on the other side of the car and then goes back to the speakers so it's hard. I'd rather try to get one of them not to amplify.

Thanks again