AVIC411.com

backup camera question

Hi am planning on to get the Pioneer avic-f500bt portable navigation. my question is that i would like the know what backup camera is compatible with this unit? which one is a good one but not to pricy. Also i have no exprience so will it be hard to install the backup camera? how does it work and where would i connect it to the reverse light. Thanks for any help.

It'll take any camera that has standard RCA output connector. People report good luck using inexpensive Boyo cameras.

I went for Pioneer's more expensive one because it offers parking assist features, but pretty much anything should work. Ease of installation is car-dependent, of course...

Have heard lots of good about the Boyos as well.

Here is a decent one, it is waterproof and has a 120 degrees view.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_154 ... K-350.html

Not a bad place to buy from either, has good prices.

Another place to find the reverse wire is in the a-pillar (or where ever wires go to the roof) if you have an auto-tinting rearview mirror. (should be able to find out which wire at a site like the12volt. In GM trucks it is a light green wire. (incase that happens to be your vehicle)

I have the Boyo VTK350 mentioned above and it is a good camera, however, it is pretty long and that made it a real hell trying to get a good location with a good range of view without it really sticking out.

Also, the product description at onlinecarstereo (where I bought mine) says its image reversing.. its not. Currently I have a complaint lodged about that.