AVIC411.com

Pioneer....Shame on you!!!!!!!

Product Details

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Wireless Adapter, Model CDBTB200

This CD-BTB200 is designed to work only with Pioneer "Bluetooth Adapter Ready" Navigation systems, AV Receivers and CD Players. Bluetooth Wireless Technology allows these Pioneer headunits to communicate automatically with and treat most compatible cellular phones as source devices within a given range. Simply set up a user ID, and you can make and take calls, use call waiting, talk, and hang up- all while your phone remains in your bag, purse or pocket. Bluetooth wireless technology also allows you to place and receive calls through the headunit using voice-recognition dialing*. The included microphone eliminates the need for an additional hands-free kit installation. The result is the optimum in both convenience and driving safety.

Features:

* Talk Hands-Free

* Enjoy Voice Dial and Auto Answering

* Listen through Car Speaker System

Compatibility:

* AVIC-D3

* AVH-P7800DVD

* AVH-P6800DVD

* AVH-P5900DVD

* DEH-P6900UB

* DEH-P690UB

* DEH-P5900IB

* DEH-P590IB

* DEH-P4900IB*

* DEH-P490IB*

Approximate Weight:

* Shipping: 1 lbs

Footnote:

1. *Some functions may be limited using the CD-BTB200 with this model

This is the ad that led me to sink almost 2000 dollars for purchase and dealer install of D3 and BTB200. I have waited patiently for one and a half years for pioneer to fix the feature that does not work...namely voice dialing. Show me one phone that does this properly (and by properly I mean playing back the voice prompts over the speakers)!!!! I have tried several different cell phones including my samsung i780. NONE of them work and I have yet to find a post describing a cell phone that DOES work. I have read the numerous accounts of other frustrated users trying to deal with with pioneer tech support...I thought that voice recognition was pretty much considered a basic element of hands free dialing. I am furious at the pioneer apologists out there who claim that Pioneer is under no obligation to update because the unit is discontinued. and such action would cannibalize the sales of their newer units. BS!!!!! False advertising... plain and simple!!! You can "caveat emptor" me all you want but there was no reasonable way for me to find out that this unit was a lemon other than dish out the money to have it installed. Frankly if pioneer does nothing to address this problem then it will be the last Pioneer product I ever purchase....there...I feel much better!!!

wow you payed 2000 for a d3 and the bluetooth adapter that you could have bought from any stereo shop for about 600-800 bucks. sounds like some one should have done more research and bought from a shop that has a return policy. Just my opion but every one ready hates me hear since i tend to use logic and a little common sense.

Just my opion but every one ready hates me hear since i tend to use logic and a little common sense.

If that's true, then it may be because of remarks like that.

OP, if you paid $2000 for a D3 and a bluetooth piece, then shame on you. Brand new F90BT's don't cost that much. Neither do brand new Z3's.

I hope everything works out for you, but nexttime check what the prices are going for before buying. Just my two cents.

The optional add-ons: bluetooth module, ipod adapter,navtraffic xm, rearview camera and install cards from Crutchfield in April 2007 brought the total to almost $2000.00 As far as I know, while the hardware is refundable....the labor clearly IS NOT!!! There was no legitimate non-gray market pricing substantially better than that...and I didn’t have any chop-shop buddies working in a back alley in NJ to install at a discount….my beef is about the dishonest marketing of the product....

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

last year i paid $550 for my 900bt, $100 for the xm module, $75 dollars for my rear view camera, $75 for the Pac SWI-PS and $20 for the dash kit and wire harness

thats $820, had i not been an installer, install would have been $100 for the unit, $60 for the XM, $60 for the camera, and $60 for the SWI-PS. thats another $280, for a grand total of $1100, and my voice dial works great.

so you found out online that every body else has the exact same problem as you, did you not do any research before dropping two grand on a system? research does include reading as many reviews as you can before deciding on what to buy. you would think that if no body could get it to work right, that this would have been very easy to find out before hand and then you could have bought a different system.

you say that working properly means playing voice promps back over the speakers, you say that this ad led you to spend 2K on the system, nowhere in that ad does it say anything about playing voice promps back over the speakers.

Heliskier59......SHAME ON YOU