AVIC411.com

Panasonic Plasma

Thanks Guys, its a big help. The picture on the Panasonic 54 inch is simply stunning. I've never seen a picture so vibrant and beautiful. I was put off when I read about the cost of having a plasma.The experts said the cost of running a plasma is about 40 dollars more per month.In the winter my electric bill is less than 40 per month.So I wasn't about to buy a tv that would double my electric bill.

I use my PS3 mainly for playing BluRay movies and it's incredible. I played Metal gear on it and it look incredible too. I use my 360 for my gaming and...again...awesome. No ghosting or anything like that.

As far as burn in, plasmas used to be real bad about burn in, but the technology has gotten considerably better. I don't know about other brands, but Samsung has implemented a technology that actually shifts the pixel every so often so if it's on pause the picture is still "moving". It sounds crazy, but the pixel shift is so slight it is un-noticeable. I have actually seen it move before, but only when it's on pause and only because I was looking for it. Samsung also has something called "white". What that does is when you activate it, it puts an extremely white picture on your tv and just stays there until you hit a button to turn it off. What that does it "erases" anything that might be there. So between the pixel shift and white features, I have nothing to worry about. I have had my tv for 2 years now and a wife who knows nothing about them. She left the DVR on pause for like an hour and a half so I ran the white program...nothing there. You should be good to go if your Panasonic offers any of these features or features like them.

Hope this helps.

I have the following:

Master bedroom- 46" Plasma (Samsung)

Spare bedroom- 42" Plasma (Samsung)

3rd bedroom/Office- 42" Plasma (Vizio)

Kitchen- 42" HD LCD (Samsung)

Living Room- 52" Plasma (Sony)

Basement- 60" Plasma (Vizio)

Upstairs bathroom- 32" HD LCD (in front of toilet) (RCA)

My bill has never really changes. Only 2 tvs are really ran at one time.

My electric bill is around 250 a month. That is normal with the high rates in maryland for a house.

I have the following:

My electric bill is around 250 a month. That is normal with the high rates in maryland for a house.

WOW ! I'm trying to get my first plasma and you have them in every room. I really like the location of the upstair bathroom tv :D .You have truly made it,that's a man's dream. :)

• 1 month later...
I have the following:

WOW ! I'm trying to get my first plasma and you have them in every room. I really like the location of the upstair bathroom tv :D .You have truly made it,that's a man's dream. :)

+1000