AVIC411.com

Need coding help to display the date correctly - now solved

1st off let me say what a great forum this is. I purchased a 5000 BT two weeks ago and decided to see what kind of forums there were so I could get better acquainted with the unit. Little did I know I would find myself applying some the modifications listed on this site.

I've learned so much from some of the threads that Stephanie participated in as well as Boris, Leet and others.

I started trying to figure out how to get the date to show on the unit. The following is the code I entered but as you can see from the picture the format is showing the year-month-day. The format I was looking for is month/day/year. If any one has any ideas on what I need to change it would be much appreciated. I've also at my daughters request added a bitmap at the top left hand corner. I have absolutely no skills as to how create the image with a transparent background. I would also appreciate if someone can help with that.

FYI - This is the first time I've ever posted a photo on a site. Please accept my apologies if it appears too large.

Thanks.

post-24694-1287275637603_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the reply Boris.

I tried that as well before the post. Do the in-dash units show the date anywhere in stock form? The reason I ask is because the 500 does not but did have the options to change the way the dates are displayed. I'll try to play with the code a little bit to see if I have any luck.

Boris,

Since I didn't see anyone else with a date showing in any of the other posts, I thought I'd take a stab st it. I tried changing formatmodel="b]local[/b]_dateformat"visiblemodel="gps.current_date.valid" fonttype=bw> to

formatmodel="b]regional[/b]_dateformat"visiblemodel="gps.current_date.valid" fonttype=bw>

and that didn't work. I'll play with it more in the next couple of days.

No luck with one. It dispays the way as before. I took the unit in the garage until I got a signal just to be sure. I also tried differant combinations in the regional settings.

May be it's just not there... I searched through the executable but did not see any other format models for dates.

Although may be I need to look at the settings file to see if it is actually doing SETDATEFORMAT after you specify it in settings...

Boris,

Last night when I transferred the updated navigate file to my unit I somehow messed up. I re-did it and now the date displays correctly based on the regional settings.

The code you listed is correct. Sorry I reported something false the first time.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

To everyone else, In case you want to have the date shown on your unit. Copy and paste the code Boris listed:

onto the navigatemap_800_480.ui file into the first layer.

Don't forget to change the font and location to your liking. As far as I can tell, the font that's currently listed is not on our units.

Boris,

Last night when I transferred the updated navigate file to my unit I somehow messed up. I re-did it and now the date displays correctly based on the regional settings.

The code you listed is correct. Sorry I reported something false the first time.

Good. It would've been rather satrange if they have removed this particular functionality...

Don't forget to change the font and location to your liking. As far as I can tell, the font that's currently listed is not on our units.

No, this is the default font Twingos skin for IPAQ 31x series uses. Once could load the font onto AVIC as well, but I, personally, do not find it any better looking than Tahoma we have.

• 1 month later...